STEM TECH (Various Locations)
WHITE MOUNTAIN APACHE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES, INC.
POSITION: STEM TECH I
CLASSIFICATION CODE: NON-EXEMPT FULL TIME
DEPARTMENT: SCHOOL ENRICHMENT / SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, AND MATH (STEM) AND SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING (SEL) PROGRAM
REPORTS TO: STEM INSTRUCTOR
STATEMENT OF JOB: The STEM Tech provides therapeutic and recreational services by organizing, planning, and running school and after school Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math (STEAM) programs services to children and adolescents enrolled or eligible to be enrolled with Apache Behavioral Health Services Inc. (ABHS). This position also provides therapeutic services during the summer or other school breaks by organizing, planning, and running camps. This position is responsible for implementation of individualized Social Emotional Learning (SEL) behavioral plans within the context of the ABHS STEM program in school or community-based environments. The STEM Tech assists teachers and STEM Developers/Instructors with the integration of STEM SEL and STEM hands-on projects in the classroom environment as well as extra-curricular school activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages a caseload of clients/potential clients who would benefit from behavioral health services.
- Provides therapeutic services assistance to ABHS clinical staff, including, but not limited to, school and community visits, appointment coordination, outreach services for clients having difficulty accessing services, and/or for reengagement in treatment services.
- Facilitates group and individual skill training and education programs in coordination with ABHS clinician, including, but not limited to client walk-in services.
- Documents contact with clients in order to assess needs, maintain required paperwork and engage family members in accordance with Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) and ABHS Standards.
- Work directly with ABHS supervisors in the development, implementation, and evaluation of life skills initiatives and curriculum;
- Provide consistent communication with parents, teachers, and ABHS supervisors on the integration of life skill activities for assigned youth;
- Coordinate, organize, and implement special ABHS-sponsored or -supported events/activities, including before school, after school, during lunch, on weekends, and on holidays;
- Support the implementation of STEM SEL curricula for K-12 Students; working directly as a teaching assistant.
- Work directly with STEM SEL developers and instructors to review, provide input, and support plans to implement STEM SEL curricula into existing courses, and help to develop new projects and courses.
- Provide consistent communication with STEM SEL developers, ABHS School Therapists, and BHT (School Coaches) in the delivery of Behavioral Health services of ABHS enrolled clients.
- Ability to work with a variety of computer technologies to effectively communicate regarding the implementation of the STEM SEL program.
- Verify and print Medifax confirmation information for intake process as needed.
- Complete data entry in electronic health record all intake information for new clients.
- Collaborates with court/probation, tribal/community agencies, educators, families and other natural support systems to ensure client’s needs are met. Develops a strong working relationship with community partners.
- Participation in all required ABHS training.
- Abide by all applicable policies, procedures, and program standards of ABHS, White Mountain Apache Tribe, Indian Health Services, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) and other pertinent regulatory authorities.
- Maintain ethical policies and guidelines as outlined in accepted State ethics laws, rules, policies and principles and as outlined in discipline-specific code of ethics.
- Provide a positive role model to clients and staff through leadership, self-discipline, and genuine care for the treatment and recovery of clients. All clients and staff members must be treated with dignity and respect.
- Participation in all required ABHS training.
- Reports/attends work in timely manner. Must be reliable and communicate directly with supervisor in all matters of attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum possession of a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma and 21 years of age; experience working with Native Americans preferred.
- Education or work experience in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts or Math field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to speak the Apache language preferred.
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking, problem-solving and organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors, including basic knowledge in supervising and evaluating staff.
- MS Office proficiency and ability to correctly operate copy machine and fax.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass all pre-employment testing, including, but not limited to, fingerprint clearance, drug testing and background check.
**NOTE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 and 473).
The physical characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Constant: standing. Frequent: repetitive use of hand, walking, standing, bending neck and waist, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting neck and waist, simple grasping of left and right hand, power grasping right and left hand, fine manipulation right and left hand, pushing and pulling right and left hand, reaching above shoulder level, reaching below shoulder level, lifting objects weighing up to 25 pounds from below the waist to a height of 3 feet.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The employment is considered “at will” and agree that employment can be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time at the option of either the employee or the company.