Head of Live Operations - Racing
At NaturalMotion, you will play a key part in building innovative games that wow tens of millions of players around The World. In 2018, we were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz. Just two of the reasons to join the NaturalMotion success story.
Our Racing Studio - responsible for the CSR Racing franchise - is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. The team loves welcoming credible talent full of Professional Pride; Ambition; and Humility, who want to do the best work of their career.
We are currently looking for a Head of Live Operations to lead the CSR2 Live Operation. You bring a balance of proven team leadership skills; live operations experience; and free to play product knowledge.
As Head of Live Operations , you will be a member of the CSR2 Leadership Team reporting to the General Manger. You will partner with the Senior Producer who is in charge of planning, processes and execution to lead the Live Ops team consisting of designers, PMs, engineers and artists and QA.
- Help Drive the Commercial Success of CSR2. In creating events, promotions and sales as well as optimizing their overall structure and cadence to driving retention and monetization.
- Keep the Game Fresh & Varied. Mentor and coach your team to offer new and exciting experiences to our players.
- Lead the Live Ops Team. With a deep understanding of a wide range of leadership, management and communication practices, you will optimise engagement and quality in your team, whilst instilling it with the culture and values of NaturalMotion.
- Define the Live Operations Strategy. Adhering to our Player Charter you balance commercial growth and player happiness/engagement. You will set the goals for the live ops team, supporting the overall CSR2 strategy and feature development and align with the CSR2 leadership group.
- Collaborate Across Departments. Collaborate closely with Customer Support, Social Media, Marketing and the VIP Support team, challenging them to stretch and be ambitious.
- Own the Backlog. Prioritize the live operations backlog to balance tool and workflow improvements versus content and smaller game improvements.
- Live Operations: You will have demonstrable ability in defining, overseeing and executing best-practice Live Operations and Games as a Service approaches, delivering vibrant, performant content week after week.
- Design Acumen: Knowledge about mobile games and the key design and monetization trends and opportunities that will shape live operations in the future.
- Roadmap Planning: You are able to represent the players’ needs in backlog planning and refinement meetings to ensure their expectations are consistently being exceeded.
- Communication:An elegant and straightforward communicator, confident and assertive when needed, yet diplomatic and respectful, you ensure the needs of our players and requirements of your team and business are met by our partners and stakeholders at all levels. Comfortable communicating and presenting to big teams, leadership, and Zynga stakeholders.
- Gaming Passion: Real passion for gaming, especially mobile. You can speak with assuredness about what makes CSR2 special and where opportunities are to continue its success.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.