Principal Software Engineer 1
We are seeking top engineering talent to join our creative, dynamic, and highly driven team. Zynga’s mission is to “Connect the World through Games” by building a truly social experience that makes the world a better place. The ideal candidate will have a devotion to software craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work seen by tens of millions of people worldwide.
The Analytics Engineering team is responsible for all things data at Zynga. We own the full game and player data pipeline - from ingestion to storage to driving insights and analytics. As a Principal Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the software design and development of quality services and products to support the Analytics needs of our games. In this role, you will be part of our Central Technology group focusing on advanced technology developments for building scalable data infrastructure and end-to-end services which can be leveraged by the various games. We are a 120+ organization servicing 1500 others across 13 global locations.
Your responsibilities will include
- Build and own multi PB-scale data platform.
- Design, code, and develop new features/fix bugs/enhancements to systems and data pipelines (ETLs) while adhering to the SLA.
- Follow engineering best methodologies towards ensuring performance, reliability, scalability, and measurability.
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers, ML Engineers, Data Scientists, and other stakeholders, taking on learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Mentor junior engineers in the team to level them up.
- Raise the bar on sustainable engineering by improving best practices, producing best in class of code, documentation, testing and monitoring.
You will be a perfect fit if you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- 6+ years of strong data engineering design/development experience in building massively large scale distributed data platforms/products.
- Advanced coding expertise in SQL & Python/JVM-based language.
- Expert in heterogeneous data storage systems (relational, NoSQL, in-memory etc).
- Deep knowledge of data modeling, lineage, access and its governance.
- Excellent skills in AWS services like Redshift, Kinesis, Lambda, EMR, EKS/ECS etc.
- Wide exposure to open source software, frameworks and broader cutting edge technologies (Airflow, Spark, Druid etc).
- Familiar with infrastructure provisioning tools (e.g Terraform, Chef)
- Consistent proven ability to deliver work on time with attention to quality.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
What we offer you:
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga RSUs
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits
- Catered breakfast, lunch and evening snacks
- Child care facilities for women employees and discounted facilities for male employees
- Well stocked pantry
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga
- Frequent employee events
- Additional leave options for most employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!