Senior Software Engineer - Mobile, Analytics Engineering
The Analytics Engineering team is responsible for all things data at Zynga. We own the full game and player data pipeline – from ingestion to storage to driving insights and analytics. We are part of the Central Technology group at Zynga providing products and services that are foundational for building games across mobile and emerging platform.
We are looking for a Mobile Engineer to assist in our efforts around our Analytics mobile SDKs. Someone who can bring technical prowess in helping build our next generation of multi-platform SDKs that Zynga games will demonstrate.
Our mission is to be a ‘Lean Mean Tech Organization’, enabling game teams to develop and launch amazing games. We are a 120+ organization servicing 1500 others across 13 global locations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Improve, and maintain mobile SDKs for iOS, Android, and Unity used by all Zynga games, including Words With Friends, Zynga Poker, CSR2, and more!
- Take a hands-on approach in the development of prototypes quickly
- Follow engineering standard methodologies towards ensuring performance, reliability, and measurability
- Work closely with teammates, contributing to a creative environment of technical perfection
- Provide production and integration support for products running in all Games
- You will be a perfect fit if you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- 2+ years of experience in mobile software languages such as Objective C, Java, C++, C# With a combination of mobile software frameworks such as Unity, React Native, iOS SDK, Xcode, Android SDK
- Experience with networking protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP
- Experience working with storing and transporting formats such as JSON, Protobufs
- Experience in working with mobile software development kits
- Experience with measuring mobile client performance
- Experience in object oriented design of applications or systems
- Proven ability to deliver work on time with attention to quality
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
- Experience with server side technologies in Java/C++/Go/PHP or REST APIs is a plus
- Experience in maintaining a data analytics mobile SDK is a plus
What we offer you:
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga RSUs
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits
- Catered breakfast, lunch and evening snacks
- Child care facilities for women employees and discounted facilities for male employees
- Well stocked pantry
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Active Employee Resource Groups - Women at Zynga
- Frequent employee events
- Additional leave options for most employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!