Senior UX Designer - Star Wars
Zynga is proud to announce the opening of a brand-new game development studio in Austin, TX. The studio will partner with NaturalMotion, a Zynga-subsidiary, to develop a premiere mobile action game set in the Star Wars universe. The new Austin studio will collaborate closely with BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, and an award-winning games developer based out of Brighton, England.
This is a rare opportunity to play a part in the foundation of Zynga’s first action games studio in North America, and to make your mark on a brand new franchise in the Star Wars universe and the future of mobile gaming.
The UX Designer will be responsible for the design of interfaces and elements across our game, from meta to combat. To achieve this, you will collaborate and lead efforts on system and interface network design, focused on delivering an intuitive and enjoyable experience for players to engage with.
This role will collaborate closely with our Brighton-based team to ensure cohesiveness of the game's user experience. You will have an opportunity to develop and share your skills, learn from a diverse team, and collaborate with designers and artists to deliver work that pushes the boundaries of what players think is possible.
- Experience as a UX Designer on at least one shipped game.
- Familiar with providing user experience designs across many use cases (meta screens, combat HUDs, cinematics, etc.)
- Comfortable producing detailed, high quality mockups and animations.
- Able to work productively in a variety of development contexts, from prototyping to feature polish.
- Experienced and comfortable with asset management, source control, and basic scheduling.
- Able to work technically, and assist with implementation in editor.
- Expert with standard art tools of the trade (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects.)
- Able to partner closely with UI Artist peers to create incredible experiences that support and enhance existing art direction.
- Refined graphic design skills.
- Solid understanding of user experience design, art and culture.
- Inclusive, collaborative mindset and work style.
- Thoughtful when giving and receiving constructive feedback on work.
- Self-organized and willing to participate in team meetings
- Able to build high quality results consistently and predictably.
- Strong cross-functional communications skills; verbal, written, and visual.
- Anticipates problems and is proactive in solving them.
- Demonstrates a passion for video games.
An exceptional candidate will possess one or more of the following:
- Experience with mobile game development.
- Experience working within agile methodologies.
- Strong illustration skills.
- Expertise in UI mock-up software. (Marvel, XD, or equivalent)
Please include a link to your portfolio, demonstrating knowledge of user interface design, with your application!
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits , daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- 26 weeks fully paid pregnancy leave for delivering mothers
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave for fathers/partners and adoptive parents
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know