Senior Tools Engineer (Car Visuals) - Racing
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our Racing Studio - responsible for the CSR Racing franchise and the #1 Racing Game on Mobile CSR2 - is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. Based across three locations – London, Birmingham and Bangalore - the team loves welcoming diverse, humble, straightforward and ambitious talent, aspiring for award-winning excellence. People who want to find a place where they will be supported and encouraged to do the best work of their career.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are hiring for a Senior Tools Engineer with strong passion and expertise in software engineering practices who seeks to contribute ideas and solutions to push the boundaries of development using the Unity games engine, and are passionate about building the best game possible!
Your passion for games development keeps you constantly curious and up to date with the latest evolutions in games development tools and practices.
Your high personal standards ensure you are always striving to deliver clean reusable code and code architectures that you and your team can be proud of. You work well in a team environment. You communicate clearly and effectively, voice your opinions but also listen respectfully to others’ point of view. You are comfortable working on challenges of different sizes and complexity and stay focused on the task at hand.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain existing tool implementation in Unity and develop Tools.
- Helping with the creation and visualisation of assets.
- Look after our release management tools, improving the server data update pipeline from our car release manager’s feedback.
- Work with our QA and License teams and add new features from their requests.
- Create Unit tests to check tool functionality and asset dependencies.
- Monitor and fix build issues in Jenkins Build farm.
- Update build tasks on Jenkins build server.
- Check the reason for build failures and report to affecting teams.
- Check if build agents are fully operational.
- Support on transitioning to a new software version.
- Be part of the upgrade process of current tools to work with new Unity and Photoshop software.
- Verify their compatibility, report issues and improvements.
Required Skills & Experience
- Confident with Python and C# or C++
- Knowledge on debugging and profiling tools
- An interest in the Unity Engine
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Understanding of Unity Engine and editor development
- Maya and Photoshop Experience
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [email protected] to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.