Senior/Principal Software Engineer-Mobile
Senior/Principal Software Engineer
The Wizard of Oz Slots team is looking for an experienced Senior/Principal Software Engineer to join our Systems Development Team.
The ideal candidate will have a deep passion for building sophisticated software systems, a devotion to engineering craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work positively impact tens of millions of people worldwide.
- Collaborate with engineering, design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify needs, evaluate requirements, write specifications, and design and implement sophisticated software systems.
- Write well designed, efficient and testable code with one or more Object Oriented languages (C++, Java, Objective-C, Swift etc.) and their associated frameworks.
- Be experienced in systems-related engineering domains such as low-level systems, networking, streaming, SDK integration, engine source modification and automation, optimization and device performance.
- Work on low-level game client systems and developer tooling, having an impact across the scope of the game on performance and developer efficiency.
- Bring a proven understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and memory/performance optimization.
- Strive for excellence in software craftsmanship and collaborate with peers to improve software design.
- Grow with the business; stretch yourself and learn new skills and domains.
- Have fun; we’re making games!
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS, MS in Computer Science (or related field), or equivalent work experience
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented software design.
- 4+ years of professional experience in mobile, desktop or web application development, with one or more shipped products.
- Proven ability to deliver work on time with attention to quality in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work collaboratively and effectively with others in a team environment.
- Experience with mobile development is a plus.
- Experience effectively working remotely is a plus.
- Experience with server-side technologies in PHP/Java/C++/Go or REST APIs is a plus.
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan.
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance.
- Catered lunch daily.
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave.
- Open vacation policy for many employees.
- Flexible working hours on many teams.
- Casual dress every single day.
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.