Principal Software Engineer
We take great pride in our craft, delivering a high quality service to millions of players every single day. Collaboration is a critical part of how we get there. We believe that with an all-in approach we can deliver a better product, make better decisions, and champion a better work environment. Everyone here is committed to making our games the best experience for our players.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the software design of large scale applications and features & enhancements which reaches millions of players. You should be passionate about players, performance, stability and holds a very high bar for quality of the game.
- Work with Product Management to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Owns technical roadmap, design and review for end-to-end games, ensure design quality and integrity
- Modernizing the tech stack
- Bring tech innovations in the game which will help in growth of the games
- Design, code, and develop new features/fix bugs/add enhancements
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various system resources
- Lead and Mentor junior engineers and drive a culture of technical perfection.
- Drive creative and innovative solutions to complex problems, exemplifying good technical discernment.
- Drive improvements and new approaches to address potential systemic pain points and technical debt, anticipate and avoid problems.
- Take a hands-on approach in the development of prototypes, independently and with others, to establish design decisions and/or technical feasibility.
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in software development, mobile, desktop or web application development with hands on coding experience covering full stack
- Working knowledge of mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- A proven foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, OOPS and software design
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience with game engines, platforms such as Unity, Cocos-2d, Phaser js
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, ELBs, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, terraform etc)
- Experience with setting up server monitoring, alerting and server provisioning
- Familiarity with micro service architecture, containers and related technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Experience with development tools & integrated build systems: XCode, IntelliJ, Git/Jenkins
- Experience of driving activities, review process to ensure software and product quality.
- Experience working with package managers is a plus
- Willing to pick up any languages, technologies, or methodologies necessary to smite a challenge—and if a conventional solution does not exist, then innovate as necessary.
What we offer you:
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga RSUs
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits
- Catered breakfast, lunch and evening snacks
- Child care facilities for women employees and discounted facilities for male employees
- Well stocked pantry
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga
- Frequent employee events
- Additional leave options for most employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!