Senior Systems Engineer (Client) - Star Wars IP
NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group (ASG) is a BAFTA-nominated team developing an exciting new Star Wars™ game, running live operations on Dawn of Titans and developing a third unannounced game, all from our London studio.
We are a tight-knit team, with a sociable culture and a strong team identity whilst being able to experience all the benefits that come from being part of NaturalMotion and Zynga. The team crafts world-leading, mid-core games on a foundation of trust and camaraderie.
In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are looking for an experienced client Systems Engineer to work on our new UE4 Star Wars game. We are looking for an engineer who excels at system level work for games, including low level optimisation, platform SDK integration, audio and inputs, build pipeline tools, and more. You will also have opportunities to improve our engineering team performance with automation of repetitive tasks, and delve into other low level systems like graphics, voice comms, and more.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- You will help drive the design and implementation of underlying game systems, building on the functionality of the Unreal Engine
- We are a close-knit team, and you will collaborate to create systems and tools for game and events building, including CI/CD pipelines and Jenkins jobs
- Ensuring the creation of well-designed, adaptable, and testable software, including work on automated testing pipelines
- Working with platform and 3rd party middleware SDKs and APIs
- Gathering and sharing knowledge across our Action Strategy Group
Required Experience & Skills
- You have developed and released multiple games with Unreal, and at least one game as a client systems coder
- You have deep experience with C++, plus a good understanding of various CPU and GPU hardware
- You are a good authority when it comes to systems and build pipelines engineering
- You document your code and systems with concise overview descriptions and guides
- Have good understanding of system design patterns, memory/performance optimisation, and how to document knowledge
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Experience with game incident response and dev-ops
- Experience live game incident resolution
- You have worked on action or strategy games in the past
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.