Lead Producer - Star Wars
We are looking for a Lead Producer to join us at Zynga Austin in creating Star Wars: Hunters™, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
The ideal candidate will be a hardworking, motivated and passionate individual who is accomplished in leading effective game teams. You share our values of determination, trust and excellence, and you celebrate and respect diversity of people and ideas. You advocate for our players and ensure they have an outstanding experience in our games, and you want your work to positively impact tens of millions of people worldwide.
- Define scope, determine resources required, develop schedules and document targeted quality levels, in collaboration with the production team and game leadership team.
- Proactively identifies risks associated with meeting feature and release milestones; ensures necessary and appropriate steps are taken to resolve difficulties which may impede progress or compromise achievement schedules.
- Communicates regularly with team members to track the status of tasks and ensure timely deliveries.
- Monitor and report progress weekly, coordinate risks and mitigations and enthusiastically work to remove blockers; deliver bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly summary of project delivery; extract analytics on execution, and deliver a data-driven evolution of execution and prioritization.
- Identify process problems and collaborate with leadership to motivate change that improves both quality and transparency to external groups.
- Initiate, develop, maintain and lead others toward positive working relationships with internal and external organizations critical to both current and future development processes.
- Passionately articulate goals and team principles to help form a stimulating and lively work environment.
- Removes barriers so that team members can get their job done.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years experience as a Producer or Development Director within game development production. Must have shipped at least one game and/or been involved with one project through a complete development cycle. Console or PC experience preferred.
- Demonstrates outstanding organization, communication and leadership skills.
- Experience with Agile/Waterfall/SCRUM development.
- Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles.
- Experience leading multi-discipline teams.
- Must be self-directed, detail oriented and a problem solver with a burning desire to contribute to a uniquely creative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong problem-solving skills, along with a keen attention to detail.
- Experience using project management tools. Jira a plus.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Does this sound like you? Then we want to hear from you! Your passion and experience for building original games will be instrumental as we bring together a brand-new collective of developers to seek next-generation thinking and innovative products. As a leader, you will act as a key bridge in tight and effective collaboration with your UK-based counterparts.
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds.
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.