Engineering Manager, Analytics
The Engineering Manager, Analytics will manage a team of engineers to build and maintain best-in-class analytics products that achieve our mission of connecting the world through games. As part of our Central Technology Organization, Zynga’s Analytics Engineering group develops our analytics infrastructure to bring together and process billions of daily data events across all of Zynga’s games, support thousands of experiments, and hundreds of thousands of daily queries. As an Engineering Manager, you will have shown technical background in data and analytics, experience motivating and encouraging software engineers as well as the ability to partner closely with other technical and business leaders to deliver on Zynga’s goals.
- Partner with internal business units including game studios, the central data organization and publishing groups to understand our business goals and build products that help us to achieve these goals
- Build, lead and run and team of 5+ software engineers and interns
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to team members and assist them in their career progression
- Work closely with our Project and Product Management groups to ensure projects are delivered on time, in scope and in budget
- Communicate with executives and leaders to present analytic product solutions to business challenges
- Monitor and report on the impact of our analytics programs to ensure we are meeting our business goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years related work experience in Analytics, Data Engineering and/or Data Warehousing
- 4+ years of experience in team management, including hiring, building key projects and career management
- Shown ability to motivate teams and operate effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Shown experience with large-scale data analysis, data-mining, business intelligence systems, and other advanced business reporting tools, including SQL or similar tools
- Experience with AWS products (EC2, Route 53, S3, RDS and Kinesis)
- Experience with mobile development using C++ for iOS and Android platforms
- Good social skills with experience in building strong internal relationships
- Ability to travel regularly to Toronto (Canada), San Francisco and other US and international locations as required
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long-term retention. Our portfolio of games – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker – span some of the fastest growing mobile gaming categories including Action Strategy, Casual, Social Casino and Invest Express. While we invest in our live games, we are also proud to be one of the first gaming companies innovating on emerging platforms such as Facebook Messenger and Google Play Instant. We had an outstanding start to 2018 – a strong 1st half, outperforming guidance across key financial measures in Q2.
Come join us, thrive, take risks and dream big to craft the future of fastest growing gaming platform – mobile.
The Central Technology team at Zynga provides products and services, that are foundational for building games across mobile and emerging platforms. The services span across Game Engine, Identity, User Acquisition, Social, Payments, Ad Tech, Analytics, AI/ML, Core Technology and Cloud. Our mission is ‘Lean Mean Tech Organization’ enabling game teams to develop and launch amazing games. We are a 120+ organization servicing 1500 others across 13 global locations.
What we offer you?
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga RSUs
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits
- Catered breakfast, lunch and evening snacks
- Child care facilities for women employees and discounted facilities for male employees
- Well stocked pantry
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Active Employee Resource Groups - Women at Zynga
- Frequent employee events
- Additional leave options for most employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!