Software Engineering Intern - Applied AI Group (Summer 2021)
**Please note, this role will be virtual for Summer 2021. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply!**
Zynga is a leading developer of the world’s most popular social games
that are played by millions of people around the world every single
day. To-date, more than 1 billion people have played our games across
Web and mobile, including Words With Friends, FarmVille, Zynga
Poker, Merge Dragons, Empires & Puzzles, Hit it Rich! Slots and CSR.
Zynga’s Applied AI group focuses on creating innovative approaches to
challenging problems within the game development process,
demonstrating directly the ways that AI can add value. Our first title,
Spell Forest, is available for download today and builds on our new
technology stack, designed to execute what we call "AI-First Game
We are searching for Software Engineering Interns to develop mobile
games as a testbed for our AI experimentation exploration.
- Currently a student working towards an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar degree
- Able to adapt to constantly evolving requirements and latest technologies
- Work well within a small, dynamic and fast-paced team
- Have a foundation in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented software design
- Bonus points if you have experience in one or more of the following.
- Unity 3D
- C#, Java, Objective-C, or C/C++
- Version control such as Git
- Passion for games and latest mobile trends
Applicants should be passionate about the intersection of Games,
Creativity and Artificial Intelligence, and interested in supporting
cutting edge innovation with a “get stuff done” approach. During your
tenure, you will gain hands-on experience implementing game features
that support AI research, and learn what life looks like in a fast-moving
unit operating on the frontier of Computational Creativity.
- Brainstorm and build new games and features seen by millions of players on Android and iOS
- Collaborate with an agile team of other developers and data scientists in a startup environment
- Operate in a cross-functional capacity, taking personal ownership of a project from inception, through planning, execution and delivery
What We Offer
- Work with one of the leading teams in Game AI industry-wide
- Highly competitive salary
- Remote set up + ramp up
- Work with the best tools - get your own MacBook
- Employee Resource Groups and special events
- Much more...
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse
and inclusive community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race,
sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any
other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome
candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds.
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable
accommodation to participate in the job application or interview
process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other
benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request