Senior Product Manager - Central Technology
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games - CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker – span some of the fastest growing mobile gaming categories including Action Strategy, Casual, Social Casino and Invest Express. While we invest in our live games, we are also proud to be one of the first gaming companies innovating on emerging platforms such as Facebook Messenger and Google Play Instant. In Q1 2019, we delivered $265 million in revenue (27% YoY increase)--our best-ever mobile revenue and bookings for a three-month period.
Come join us, thrive, take risks and dream big to shape the future of fastest growing gaming platform – mobile.
The Central Technology team at Zynga provides products and services, aka Social Engine, that are foundational for building games across mobile and emerging platforms. The services span across Game Engine, Identity, User Acquisition, Social, Payments, Ad Tech, Analytics, AI/ML, Core Technology and Cloud. Our mission is ‘Lean Mean Tech Organization’ enabling game teams to develop and launch amazing games. We are a 120+ organization servicing 1500 others across 13 global locations.
As a Senior Product Manager in the Zynga Central Technology team you will be responsible for identifying and driving product strategy to help achieve our business goals. Zynga games are played by millions and you will be responsible for managing products that are the core of these experiences. The ideal candidate will leverage their deep understanding of the mobile landscape to identify product gaps and drive execution of these initiatives. The immediate project will be managing our Identity Program; however, as you grow in the role, you may own additional products and services.
- Responsible for the full product lifecycle, from gathering requirements, analyzing competitive landscape, writing specification to designing architecture and roadmap.
- Exhibit sound product judgment, ability to formulate product strategy and present clear measurable objectives that will lead to achieving our business goals.
- Expected to provide valuable input into business cases based on in-depth data analysis and demonstrate how that analysis impacts key product metrics.
- Responsible for the Identities Program. As a senior PM you will drive the product strategy, feature specs and work with game teams on realizing value.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of product management in game/app development or consumer web.
- Ability to create wire-frames, product specifications and white papers.
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive staff.
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter, a team player and driven
- Previous start-up, social networking and/or consulting experience is a strong plus
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred
- You have experience working in a central technology team or B2B product doing product management.
- Have an interest/love for games.
- You have prior experience in authentication, identity and/or security
- You have a technical background with development experience.
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.