QA Lead -Star Wars
The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
An exciting position has opened up within the cross-platform studio at Zynga Austin, we are looking for a Lead QA to join our Switch team in creating Star Wars: Hunters™, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
In this varied role, you'll be challenged to contribute to the shaping and maintenance of up-to date, robust, effective test coverage approaches for the Switch platform version of Zynga's most ambitious title. This will include navigating major milestones from development, across the pre-release stages and into full release and live ops. You'll use your experience to support and guide internal team members, while managing and developing excellent working relationships with your external QA vendors. You'll be tasked with ownership of the Switch testing priorities, along with the effective planning of both internal and external test team resources, providing feedback and reports on defects and trends as required.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Has lead a QA team through the release to live cycle for a least one title on the Nintendo Switch platform
- Is knowledgeable around Nintendo's first party certification/compliance requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate QA considerations to all relevant parties.
- Managing the relationship with external vendors/outsourced teams, including planning, briefing and prioritising work
- Ability to develop and maintain test plans and scripts, for manual test approaches and identifying candidates for automation
- Experience managing direct reports, able to guide and encourage, planning work to aid their effectiveness and development
- A high level of IT literacy, with experience using a variety of bug databases
- Good knowledge of both risk based and holistic test methodologies, with an understanding of their practical application
- Understand the importance of keeping updated documentation, including version control where required
- Experience of working on multi-platform games
- ISTQB Certified or similar on the job experience (desirable)
- Experience with working on a project developed with the Unreal gaming engine (desirable)
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neuro-diversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [email protected] to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.