Senior Technical Artist - Star Wars
We are looking for a Senior Technical Artist to join us at Zynga Austin in creating Star Wars: Hunters™, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
As a Senior Technical Artist, work alongside the Art Director and leads to manage and iterate pipelines. Support the artistic endeavors of the art team, while collaborating to create and innovate on workflow and pipeline improvements. Build graphical features, evaluate software, provide front-line art support, and generally facilitate the creation of AAA quality visuals.
- R&D into cutting edge techniques for opportunities to push mobile and console visual boundaries and performance.
- Collaborate with art and other teams to hit or exceed key visual targets.
- Debug and resolve graphical issues over a wide range of supported devices.
- Build and improve tooling and pipelines to boost efficiency and quality among the art team. Such tooling will require scripting/coding in multiple environments.
- Profile and optimize visual effects, art assets, and the wider rendering pipeline.
- Develop and iterate on new and existing visual features from all phases of production.
- Create and maintain art team documentation to ensure the team has easy access to information.
- Evaluate new software and new art authoring techniques.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Shipped at least 1 AAA title as a Technical Artist or Artist
- Working knowledge of the following; Maya, 3DSMAX, Photoshop and substance
- Experience with art asset optimization techniques and memory budgets
- Familiar with game pipelines and their restrictions
- Positive can-do demeanor, standout colleague
- Approachable, flexible, structured and responsible
- Comfortable working independently within a group environment
- Ability to quickly learn new tools
- Good understanding of the artist pipeline and workflow
- Strong problem-solving skills, along with a keen attention to detail
- Solid knowledge or experience with the Unreal engine or an equivalent proprietary game engine
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Your passion and experience for building original games will be instrumental as we bring together a brand-new collective of developers to tackle next-generation thinking and innovative products. As a leader, you will act as a key bridge in tight and effective collaboration with your UK-based counterparts.
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know