Senior QA Engineer -Star Wars
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer to join us at Zynga Austin in creating Star Wars: Hunters™, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
Working for the Technical QA Lead for Star Wars Hunters, you are fundamental to help building out Automation testing on our Switch platform. Working directly with the Switch team to help build out an optimum, robust and scalable automation solution, as well as a more technical approach to testing. You will also work with other QA members of the team to technically test the game through different mechanisms. As well as being a key contributor in the shift left automation strategy.
- Experience as a QA Engineer, SDET or similar
- Excellent communicator
- Works well with others
- Experience in Agile testing strategies and shift-left approaches
- Experience with one or more of C, C++, C#, Python, and familiarity with compiler/build environments
- Solid understanding of automation tools like Selenium, Appium, Cucumber/Gherkin or other industry standard tools
- Design, implement, develop and maintain automation framework and scripts for switch
- Outstanding track record in communicating complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Understand how software architecture influences the amount of testing needed, including optimizing tests that utilizes the same code paths
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with Unreal/Unity or other gaming engines
- Prior experience with non-functional testing (such as performance, compatibility etc)
- Experience with Technical Testing for e.g. PACT/Handshake Testing
- Good working SQL knowledge
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neuro-diversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [email protected] to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.