Player Support Manager
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Based at our at NaturalMotion Games studio in London, renowned for making games that wow people. In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Come join us, thrive, take risks and dream big to craft the future of the fastest growing gaming platform – mobile.
As a Player Support Manager, you will be responsible for managing and executing daily Support Operations for a selection of assigned Zynga game titles. Achieving and maintaining service levels and player satisfaction, leading vendor support teams, and collaborating with Studio partners and internal Zynga teams. Becoming a game authority for your assigned NaturalMotion titles and responsible for the delivery and exchange of external and internal content. You will also advocate for our players and voice their concerns, leveraging data and analysis. This position requires building and maintaining an integrated relationship with our global support operations and studio teams, and ensuring an excellent player support experience for all stages of the player journey.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Execute game-specific strategic support plans that improve the player experience and align with Player Support and Game Studio objectives.
- Tactical application of best practices and applicable learnings to improve the player experience
- Influence game development and product implementation through studio engagement and feedback. From a player support perspective, contribute and provide key insights and feedback for playtests, spec reviews, bug triage, and other studio meetings.
- Daily analysis and reporting of game issues, including in-depth analysis of player feedback, customer satisfaction surveys, and suggested game improvements.
- Identification and escalation of emerging/trending game bugs and coordination with Studio Partners for expedited resolutions and communication plans.
- Maximize player delight and assist team in solving issues in a way that balances the needs of the consumer and the business.
- Reporting on process improvements, team performance, and development opportunities.
- Knowledge of your supported games’ core game play mechanics, features and functions, admin tools, and game release process. Stay up to date on all new releases and features and keep a pulse on player pain points and satisfaction.
- Develop advanced knowledge of the CRM and leverage the system to improve the player experience.
- Management of vendor support operations, including training, quality control, and performance calibrations.
- Understand the basic concepts of capacity planning for agent headcount.
- Direct and lead a team of player support agents, providing issue resolution and guidance, and figuring out queue management strategies.
- Be an advocate and an authority in the games your team is supporting and act as a point of contact for your team in game related and process questions.
- Review vendor team performance and ensure they are calibrated on Zynga policies and procedures. Ensure that agents have access to accurate and latest game updates and processes. Regularly provide feedback to management team on findings and progress.
- Ensure a healthy, motivated and positive team environment, addressing issues and providing feedback where necessary in a timely manner.
Please note, we are seeking someone who is able to work flexible hours to support critical game issues and outages. Some international ravel may be required.
Required Experience & Skills
- Supervising customer care teams, in a global environment
- Quickly adapts to a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading and executing projects
- Experience with CRM tools
- Able to conduct analysis of statistical information
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Passion for gaming - knowledge of the games industry is an advantage
- Experience in online, video or mobile gaming environment
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.