Principal Software Engineer - Slots
The Zynga Slots team is looking for an expert engineer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for games, a dedication to software craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work seen by tens of millions of people worldwide.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build, enhance, and maintain within a single C++ based codebase used to deliver Zynga Slot games across various mobile and web platforms.
- Lead multi week to month long complex projects that you’ve broken down into smaller tasks with costing and communication of issues along the way.
- Actively identify problems and recommend solutions, improvements, and new approaches to address them.
- Take a hands-on approach in the development of prototypes, independently and with the team, to establish design decisions and/or technical feasibility.
- Follow engineering best practices towards ensuring performance, reliability, and measurability at massive scale.
- Work effectively with teammates, contributing to an innovative environment of technical perfection.
- Review detailed designs from others, aligning with team and Zynga-wide technical vision.
- Assist other specialists in their career progression and skill development.
- Chip in to Zynga’s culture of knowledge sharing with studio, division, and/or company-wide tech talks and technical write-ups.
You will be a perfect fit if you have:
- BS, MS in Computer Science (or related field), or equivalent work experience
- A strong foundation in CS, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented software design.
- 6+ years of professional experience in mobile, desktop or web application development, with one or more shipped products.
- Solid experience with C++ required. Experience with modern C++ (C++11/14/17) is an advantage.
- Proven ability to deliver work on time with attention to quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work collaboratively and effectively with others in a team environment.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with server side technologies in PHP/Java/C++/Go or REST APIs
- Experience with monitoring live server deployments
- Experience with managing other specialists
- Experience with mobile development or game development (especially Slots or Casino)
What we offer you:
- Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
- Lunch catered daily - stocked snack areas
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Emergency child care support
- Active Employee Resource Groups - Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
- Dog Friendly offices
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Gym Benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.