Environment Artist - Star Wars IP
We’re BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family, our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep, compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. As a key member of our team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse team of experienced developers and utilize leading-edge technology and content pipelines. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
You will be working as part of a dedicated in-house team responsible for building amazing environments that wow our players and partners. Working in a highly motivated team you will have an opportunity to develop and share your skills, learn from experienced peers and collaborate with level designers and concept artists to craft amazing environments.
- You have an outstanding portfolio which shows that you have a deep understanding of Game Environment creation.
- You have the ability to create beautiful, and technically solid assets and levels in a reasonable time frame.
- You’re passionate about – and have a deep knowledge of – environment design and art.
- You work well with Senior Artists and Level Designers to plan and sell the visual story of an environment.
- You demonstrate good knowledge of environment art processes, from greybox to final.
- You are personable, friendly, communicate well and love working in a team.
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience working as an environment artist on at least one shipped title.
- Exceptional 3d skills in a major package (Max, Maya, Modo).
- Good Texture Creation skills in Photoshop or Substance Painter.
- Strong visual sense with environments and an ability to work from concept and reference.
- Ability to take direction well and provide constructive and well-articulated feedback to improve art quality and level layouts.
- Self-Organised and willing to participate in team meetings.
- Show an appreciation and understanding for modelling and texturing to engine and game performance benchmarks.
- Strong cross-functional communications skills; verbal, written, and visual.
- You love environment art and strive to learn and develop your skills.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Substance Designer Expertise
- Hand Painted Texture Skills
- Zbrush Competency
- Level Design or world building experience
- a real passion for Games
- A love for the Star Wars brand
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 25 days plus Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Well stocked office kitchen and free lunch on Mondays
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.