Outsource Art Manager
As an Art Outsource Manager, you will work with external vendors to oversee the creation and production of creative assets for virtual architecture, characters, and marketing materials. This role will maintain ownership of the development process and relationship between Zynga and the external vendors and serve as an enthusiastic and passionate conduit through which great marketing creative is produced on time and to spec.
Able to juggle production tracking for many assets at once, you’re organized and meticulous. You are easily able to handle scheduling and hold external studios to the guidelines set out for them. You are able to maintain scope within allotted budgets.
Communication is something that comes naturally for you. You’re able to translate complex ideas into actionable specs and requirements. You proactively seek to strengthen communication channels between internal and external teams. You are able to drive the process of ensuring the correct feedback from the Art Director is delivered in a timely matter.
- Excellent written and visual communication skills – The ExDev manager is in charge of giving feedback notes from the Art Director, design team, and other key stakeholders to the External Studio in a timely manner. Feedback is generally given visually with written support.
- Strong Art Fundamentals – Drawing, Color Theory, Composition, Lighting.
- Must possess a strong understanding of Photoshop. Being able to take various elements and unify them into one coherent image is a necessary skill.
- Writing RFPs for vendors, which consists of not only specs, but extensive references, drawings, mockups, and other resources.
- Team-player – RFPs may contain animatics, storyboards, and technical information from other disciplines, necessitating that the ExDev manager not work in a vacuum.
- Ability to manage multiple vendors concurrently, including budget and invoicing
- Basic understanding of 3D or a willingness to learn the pipeline and art requirements.
- 5+ years experience in games, Management experience 2-3+ years in a Lead or ExDev Manager position.
- Adobe Creative Suite is a must
- 3D (Maya) a plus
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.