Senior Manager / Director of Quality Operations
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Based at our at NaturalMotion Games studio in London, renowned for making games that wow people. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
You will be fundamental in Zynga’s critical efforts to level up the QA organization and improve the quality of all Zynga projects. You will have superior process skills, awesome people skills, a high level of integrity, great technical depth and a strong desire to build successful Test Centre of Excellence.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Partner with Studios within the organization to understand business goals and design test strategies, tools, and drive meaningful improvements to increase overall quality
- Help develop and evangelize Continuous Testing processes and other automation best practices; helping to drive the adoption of automation and training the teams
- Assist Studio QA teams in identifying testing tools and automation opportunities and proving their value to the Studios.
- Help Develop the curriculum for quality assurance to help train the larger QA organization, as well as individual development plans for each Studio QA team
- Evangelize best practices, Quality assurance methodologies, practices and procedures
- Coach and Mentor other members of the QA organization
- Help QA improve process including planning, estimation, problem solving, and scheduling
- Research and review new tools and solutions, including setting up POCs and implementation
- Help identify KPIs to each Studio and suggest other Quality Assurance metrics
- Demonstrate transparency and active communication with teams and management
- Develop and drive the adoption of reporting standards and templates
- Identify gaps in current team as well as opportunities to improve process and methodology
- Assist QA Teams with outsourcing and developing best practices
- Help administrate and maintain QA tools (such as TestRail and Game Bench), Quality
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent. Masters preferred.
- QA or Software Development experience
- Experience in team management, including hiring, building key projects and career management.
- Proven ability to motivate teams, mentor individuals and operate effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.