New Grad Full-Time Rotational Experienced Designer
Zynga is a leading developer of the world’s most popular social games that are played by millions of people around the world each day. We are headquartered in San Francisco and have additional offices in the U.S, Canada, U.K, Finland, Turkey, and India. Since our founding in 2007, our mission has been to connect the world through games and delight consumers with social gaming experiences. To-date, more than one billion people have played our games across Web and mobile, including FarmVille, Zynga Poker, Words With Friends, Hit it Rich! Slots, CSR Racing, Merge Dragons, and Empires and Puzzles!
Making a game requires passion, innovation, and creativity. Zynga wants to take exceptional new graduates and turn them into world-class designers who will be responsible for creating the games of tomorrow. Our team will immerse you in a 12 month program composed of two rotations. You work across disciplines alongside our best and brightest to design experiences that engage and delight our players.
ABOUT OUR PROGRAM
During the program you will develop and execute the UX vision of a product, build innovative, user-centered design solutions that promote ease of use and provide outstanding player experiences that are optimized for mobile devices.
You will participate in all phases of the design process including conceptual design, prototypes, user/task flows, art production, and game integration. Work with project partners to execute and maintain the visual integrity, interaction methods, brand standards, and consistency throughout the game. Collaborate with designers, product managers, artists, producers, and engineers on the execution of designs.
- Pair you with senior mentors during your time in the design program
- Provide full access to training/workshops by our talented directors of design
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Collaborate with the UX team on crafting UI wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Build and implement high quality UI visual design.
- Rapidly iterate on designs that are aligned with the game art direction
- Integrate feedback on in-development layouts and visuals
- Proactively seek out solutions to complex visual language problems
- Fix UX issues and resolve friction points in the game flow
- Degree in graphic arts, interaction design, or equivalent
- Detailed understanding of usability, UX, UI, interaction design, and motion design.
- Experience with Unity or other game engines is a plus.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of common UX software such as Sketch, Adobe XD, etc.
- Passion for problem solving and finding creative solutions for efficiency and consistency.
- Actively seeks to learn. Generates new ideas and solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and are able to articulate, present, and speak clearly about design decisions.
- Ability to work with team members across multiple studio locations.
- Passion for gaming in general, not just within the mobile space.
- A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.