Director of QA - Star Wars
The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for a Director of QA to join us at Zynga Austin in creating Star Wars: Hunters™, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
The Director of QA is responsible for defining and implementing the QA strategy across the studio. They will be an excellent collaborator, tactical and strategically minded. They will have experience with large projects crossing various levels of QA from processes, localisation, functional, automation and performance. This an excellent opportunity to start paving the way in the gaming world for a more agile shift left approach.
You will be responsible for:
· The strategy, design, implementation and improvement of all QA processes and procedures
· Assess and design a phased approach for implementing changes
· Lead, drive and evangelise QA embedded, shift-left solutions including CI Testing processes and automation methodologies
· Build and Implement a QA plan for successful soft-launch and world-wide-launch
· Build a strategic QA delivery and improvement plan to enable growth in the studio, to include people, tooling, approaches and processes
· Work with production to build a Live Operations function
· Coach, Mentor and Grow your people within your organisation, create learning and development plans, hire the right foundational pillars that are required to enable successful growth
· Identify important metrics and relevant reporting standards and templates
· Demonstrate transparency and active communication with teams and management
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree educated or similar degree or equivalent experience (3+ years) in a similar role
· Built at least 2 "Centre of Excellence" within and organisation
· Released/Overseen at least 2 large scale projects
· A pro-active self-starter, excellent teammate and works well with others
· Some technical understanding with an ability to learn quickly
· Able to review and analyze requirements and understand potential project scale impacts
What We Offer You:
· Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
· 401K Company Match Contribution
· Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
· Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
· Family planning support program
· Generous paid maternity/parental leave
· Subsidized Back-up child care
· Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
· Flexible working hours on many teams
· Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
· Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Your passion and experience for building original games will be instrumental as we bring together a brand-new collective of developers to tackle next-generation thinking and innovative products. As a leader, you will act as a key bridge in tight and effective collaboration with your UK-based counterparts.
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know