Senior QA Analyst / Engineer - Racing
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
As Senior QA Analyst, you’ll already have confidence in your core skills whilst being aware of what you don’t know yet. A strong sense of personal belief is important, supported by work samples, references, and lessons learned on the way.
You will have in-depth QA expertise, and have full ownership of quality across designated game areas or features to ensure consistently high quality releases and promoting a quality first attitude throughout the studio, and actively learn from past experiences to driving continuous improvement.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Take QA ownership of one or more game features and / or areas from inception through to completion / release under the mentorship of the QA Manager and other QA team members in collaboration with the wider development team, including (but not limited to) the creation and evolution of test documentation and QA wiki pages, feature testing and providing constructive feedback, utilising your domain knowledge and expertise.
- Liaise with external partners in order to ensure high quality time-efficient effective testing is being performed against the built test plans, responding to queries and resolving issues in a timely fashion, actively mentoring and guiding the team where necessary.
- Actively promote a collective responsibility of quality across the development, ensuring bugs/defects are found as early as possible; suggesting possible risk mitigations where appropriate in order to improve process.
- Represent QA discipline in planning, weekly meetings, daily scrums and other meetings where appropriate.
- Prior experience working within QA in a games development studio, ideally on live-service (games as a service) titles and/or titles with frequent post-release updates (such as DLC).
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, advocates a proactive approach to knowledge sharing and best practise, both within QA and the wider organisation, including senior leadership team where required.
- Adaptable and enthusiastic for learning new skills and QA and development process, both under guidance and also using own initiative.
- Passionate about improving quality process and strives and shows initiative for continuous improvement both individually, across the QA team and the wider development team.
- Friendly, diplomatic, empathic and assertive in order to positively influence, and can challenge in a constructive way when required, always being solution oriented.
- Excellent time management skills, able to prioritise workload to changing business priorities, raising workload issues where required as early as possible.
- Familiarity with iOS and Android operating systems and hardware.
- Previous project experience with bug databases, preferably JIRA.
- Experience using a test management system, preferably TestRail.
It would be an advantage, although not essential, if you had some or all of the following:
- Previous experience working on projects from pre-production / prototyping phase through to release / post-release.
- Familiarity with source control or continuous integration systems used within development teams, such as GIT or SVN.
- Exposure and use of development environments such as Xcode, Visual Studio, Android SDK, Unity, Unreal etc.
- Exposure to mobile platform holder standards and publishing mechanisms e.g. Google Play Developer Console and iTunes Connect.
- Good understanding of client/server architectures and importance of metadata.
- Exposure to telemetry or analytics within games- including using data/analytics as part of testing.
- Appreciation of the benefits of test automation and actively identifies potential opportunities in order to optimise test efforts, across all projects.
- Exposure or appreciation of other forms of non-functional test techniques, such as compatibility testing, compliance testing, localisation testing etc.
- Awareness of mobile games market on iOS and Android.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 23 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.