Senior Game Designer (Economy)
As Senior Game Designer (Economy) at BossAlien, you will work hand in hand with other designers, product management, and creative leadership to design, balance, and maintain the economy and metagame progression for our new premiere Star Wars action game.
You approach the design of economies and metagame loops with a design-minded eye that looks for fun and sustainability in equal measure. You know that live data and metrics are a crucial tool in balancing a game economy, but that they work in harmony with your instincts as an experienced game maker.
You have experience in designing and balancing complex progression systems. You understand the motivations that keep players coming back for more. You respect that our free players are as important to our success as our paying players, and balance systems to respect their time and deliver fun experiences.
You are a vocal advocate for the power of free-to-play gaming, and understand deeply and intuitively how free-to-play economies work. You are someone who wants to push the boundaries of what free-to-play can be, and look for next-generation methods for crafting innovative and fair metagames and economies. You can communicate that passion to the rest of the team and pass your knowledge along to others as an effective mentor and guide.
This role reports to the project’s Creative Director.
- Collaborate with creative leadership product managers to build well-crafted economies and economic loops for free-to-play games.
- Develop compelling metagame loops and progression models that retain players over the long-term.
- Be a bridge between design and product management. Be responsible for the design-facing side of major economic and metagame features.
- Analyse and make smart use of data to assess efficacy of metagame and economic balance.
- Lead major aspects of feature design in both a development and live operations capacity.
- Balanced and managed the metagame or economy for successful, live F2P games.
- Experience with analysing and making decisions with live game metrics and data on a successful F2P game.
- Deeply familiar with progression systems and metagame design in modern shooters and action games on all platforms.
- Experience in leading the feature design process from conceptualisation and prototyping through polish and completion.
- Able to communicate effectively with product managers, engineers, and other partners.
- A believer in the power, reach, and potential of the next generation of mobile gaming.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 day’s holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Mondays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status