Lead Product Manager - Star Wars IP
We’re BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family, our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep, compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. As a key member of our team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse team of experienced developers and utilize leading-edge technology and content pipelines. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
As a Lead Product Manager you will be responsible for the successful launch of a new, premiere mobile shooter set in the Star Wars universe that will engage with millions of players daily. You will need to be highly competent in your core discipline, ready to tackle new roles and responsibilities, and be pushed out of your current comfort zone.
You’ll relish new challenges and opportunities, especially when that comes with added responsibility and visibility inside and outside your team.
Equipped with player data, competitive insights, and best practices in product optimization, you will help us build hit free-to-play games that engage millions of player’s day after day and secure our position in the top grossing charts.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the full product/game lifecycle management. This includes making insights-driven recommendations, writing clear and actionable specifications, working with multidisciplinary teams (design, art, and programming) to implement core features on time and for the greatest impact, analysing the results and sharing insights across the team and business.
• Fully comprehend the player experience and audience psychology. Identify player needs and spot chances to create features through player behaviour data that improve engagement and retention, grow the user base and delight our players.
• Scope and prioritise features based on business and player impact. Generate expected outcomes by analysing data from existing games, crafting forecast models and performing funnel analysis. Use this to advise team leadership on long term decision making and roadmap planning.
• Exhibit sound product judgment in formulating product strategy and presenting clear measurable objectives that will lead to achieving our business goals.
• Expected to provide valuable input into business cases based on in-depth data analysis and demonstrate how that analysis impacts key product metrics.
• Build knowledge and understanding of data driven insights within the rest of the team through regular communication and the creation of meaningful dashboards and reports.
Required Experience & Skills
- Product Management experience, within mobile free-to-play.
• Good understanding of subscription based business model in games.
• Experience of live-operation of a successful free-to-play mobile game.
• Must have shipped at least 1 mobile game through soft launch to worldwide launch.
• Passionate about mobile games and making live titles that entertain millions of people around the world.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Shown ability to structure analysis and find answers to business questions via hands on exploration of data using SQL, Excel, statistical analysis and business intelligence tools.
• Strong communication and project management skills. Able to collaborate with and encourage cross discipline teams to achieve goals.
• Experience in optimising product features after release through multivariate testing and data driven iteration.
• Ability to summarise complex problems and present to executive staff in a clear and concise way.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance.
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world.
- Work in a family-friendly, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job.
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers.
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture.
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere.
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday.
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holiday.
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan.
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance.
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave.
- Annual rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday studio lunch.
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.