Senior Systems Engineer - Information Technology
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
NaturalMotion have millions of players that generate rich and complex datasets. We are seeking a strong lead for our embedded studio analytics team, to deliver continued value and key product insights that will have a big impact on our games and company.
We make our company decisions with a focus what will our players thank us for. The IT Engineering team follows the same philosophy when it comes to our internal users. We architect and engineer results that not only improve our infrastructure from a technical perspective but we build solutions that help our users as well.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be an integral part of improving, building, and designing the future Natural Motion corporate infrastructure. You love to get into the details and to thoroughly understand the deeper details of complex systems. Collaboration is second nature to you, you happily convince teammates about why you prefer one solution over another while also keeping an open mind to notice other new ideas. You don’t like to do the same thing over and over, automation is your go-to to combat this.
- Develop design standards and guidelines, and mentor other technical staff
- You document what you do, runbooks are always the last part of delivering on your projects
- Collaborate with internal technical leaders to develop creative solutions that meet customer needs with respect to availability, functionality, performance, reliability, repeatability, and scalability.
- Security first. You always balance the trade-offs of security and ease of use in your designs.
- Automate, automate, automate. We don’t like to do things manually and neither do you.
- Expert in Linux Systems Administration and Engineering.
- Proven experience in hybrid or solely cloud environments (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
- Solid experience in automation, scripting, Powershell & BASH.
- Expert in implementing SaaS-based solutions
- solid experience in enterprise operating systems preferably as CentOS 6/7 and Microsoft Server 2012R2+
- Server configuration management such as Chef or Salt or Terraform
- Experience in SAML/SSO identity management platforms and providers.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world
- Work in a family-oriented, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday
- 25 days holiday, plus Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Well stocked office kitchen
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.