Strategic Sourcing & Vendor Management Specialist
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people! We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in building communities that last.
In 2018 & 2019, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz!
The Strategic Sourcing & Vendor Management Specialist will help lead and execute sourcing, procurement, budget adherence and vendor management activities for assigned vendors, categories and projects of low to medium complexity including, but not limited to:
- Network Operations
- Information Technology
This individual has a proven track record for developing and implementing global sourcing strategies for one or more of these categories and must be able to work with cross functional teams to execute the strategies and complete related contract negotiations. A strong understanding of one or more strategic sourcing models is desired but not required. Zynga’s sourcing process includes multiple phases from identifying a sourcing opportunity to final contract negotiations, purchase order issuance, and implementation. Additionally, this position will drive for the delivery of significant value contribution to the company for those teams assigned. Collaboratively working with Management/business partners to ensure that sourcing strategies are aligned with Business Plan strategies.
This position reports to the Manager of Procurement & Asset Management within the CIO organization. In addition to the specific sourcing, procurement, and vendor management responsibilities, this position is expected to contribute to the maturity of the overall function including creating and refining processes, tools and templates that can be applied to all vendors and purchasing categories globally.
- Ability to review and analyze data to determine cost savings opportunities through vendor consolidation and/or contract renegotiation.
- Develop and contribute to implementation of sourcing strategies for assigned categories following a standard strategic sourcing methodology.
- Drive the purchasing process through to completion; including requirements gathering, identifying go/no go criteria, scorecards with criteria and weighting, etc.
- Contribute to the department’s key performance indicators (KPIs), including driving significant cost savings contributing to the annual goals of the organization.
- Facilitate SOW and MSA submissions - serve as a liaison between business and legal.
- Ability to insert oneself into business and recognize areas that require improvement and make recommendations for efficiency gain.
- Partner with key stakeholders and assist in development of approved and preferred vendor lists for assigned categories.
- Participate with cross-functional teams to assist in the development of requirements and strategy to identify suppliers, establish SLA/KPI requirements. Measure supplier performance against contract SLAs and expectations and initiate corrective actions in the event of missed expectations to resolve any performance issues.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal customers/clients as well as vendors.
- Ability to shine under pressure while dealing with changing priorities and timeline.
- Support savings tracking processes and participates in special infrastructure-building projects as needed.
- Reviews assigned purchase requests to ensure appropriate purchasing method/structure, proper authorization, specifications, and Legal compliance.
- Creates Oracle Purchase Order properly in compliance with contract terms, department policy, and procedures.
- Assist in resolving Receiving and Accounts Payable issues for assigned purchase order and departments.
- Assures integrity of the requisition and purchase order control system, establishing/maintaining current databases, monitoring requisition status. Assists in expediting delinquent purchase orders and delivery of materials and services; coordinates all appropriate actions with user group and supplier(s).
- Highly effective interpersonal and technical skills necessary to obtain continued support from internal customers
- Independent self-starter with high degree of confidence and business acumen
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, negotiations and communication skills
- Contract and negotiation related support to business units
- Solid team player; can work cooperatively and effectively in a team environment and with those contacted during the course of work
- Strong analytical, attention to detail, oral and written communications skills
- Bachelor's degree or related experience in business administration, engineering, supply chain management, logistics, finance or related discipline. MBA or other advanced degree desired
- 3+ years experience with Business Operations and/or Strategic Sourcing
- Experience with Oracle iProcurement
- Multiple technology category experience is a plus
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga and exercise classes
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.