Senior Product Manager-Central Technology
Come join the Central Technology team at Zynga to make an impact across all of the company’s games! Our team provides products and services that are foundational for building games across mobile and emerging platforms. These services span across Game Engine, Identity, User Acquisition, Social, Payments, Analytics, AI/ML, Core Technology, and Cloud. Our mission is a ‘Lean Mean Tech Organization’ that enables game teams to develop and launch amazing games. We are a 120+ people organization servicing 1500 others across 13 global locations.
As a Senior Product Manager in the Zynga Central Technology team you will be responsible for executing product strategy to help achieve our business goals. Zynga games are played by millions and you will be responsible for managing products that are at the core of these experiences. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a deep understanding of the mobile landscape to identify product gaps and drive execution of these initiatives. The immediate areas of responsibility would be working with our Tech Enablement team to cover our social engine (chat, guilds, etc.) as well as compliance efforts; however, as you grow in the role, you may own additional products and services such as automated testing initiatives.
- Responsible for the full product lifecycle, from gathering requirements, analyzing competitive landscape, writing specifications to defining the product roadmap.
- Exhibit sound product judgment, ability to formulate product strategy and present clear measurable objectives that will lead to achieving our business goals.
- Expected to provide valuable input into business cases based on in-depth data analysis and to demonstrate how that analysis impacts key product metrics.
- Run prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, technical constraints, and business drivers.
- Responsible for a large central technology product and/or multiple products. You will drive the product strategy and feature specs and also work with game teams on realizing value.
- Partner closely with our Tech Enablement production & engineering team (based in Bangalore, India) as well as other stakeholders (based in U.S./Canada) on multiple products.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in product management in consumer web or game development
- Ability to create wire-frames, product specifications, and white papers.
- Strong stakeholder engagement & project management skills and ability to present work to executive staff
- Experience with growing a startup app using lean, data driven principles.
- Outstanding written/oral, interpersonal, analytical abilities, and attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter and driven teammate
- Previous start-up, social networking and/or consulting experience is a strong plus
- Ability to communicate across diverse cultures, languages, work styles, and personalities
- Strong passion for games and crafting fun, compelling, and addictive user experiences
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred
What we offer you
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga RSUs
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits
- Catered breakfast, lunch and evening snacks
- Child care facilities for women employees and discounted facilities for male employees
- Well stocked pantry
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga
- Frequent employee events
- Additional leave options for most employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!