Senior Experience Designer - Slots
We are looking for a Senior Experience Designer to join the Wizard of Oz Slots team.
The Senior User Experience Designer assists Franchise Leads in developing the XD vision of a product(s) and executing upon that vision. This role leads the effort in innovative and ground breaking design solutions to create user-centered design solutions that promote ease of use, employ best-in-class game/interaction design, and optimize the user experience universally in response to user testing.
Lead all phases of the design process including conceptual design/development, graphic and interface design, interaction models, prototypes, user/task flows and art production.
Works closely with Franchise Stakeholders to establish and maintain the visual integrity, interaction methods, brand standards, and consistency for the game and collaborate with Product Management and Engineering for execution of design.
- Evaluates designs quickly and creates original high-quality 2D work. Owns features.
- Thorough understanding of usability, UX, UI, interaction design, HCI principles, and motion design. Understands platform requirements (e.g. Unity/Cocos).
- Is able to wireframe or provide visual mockups. Strong focus on visual design.
- Use experience, research, and analysis to solve UX design problems by providing multiple usable options as necessary, including both portrait and landscape UI for cross-platform design.
- Adapt creative styles as needed while maintaining creative, technical, and brand standards universally.
- Collaborate with key internal client and project partners to ensure the user experience reflects customer needs and consistency.
- Possess excellent understanding of style guidelines, design processes, and creative workflow.
- Solid experience developing mobile applications utilizing either iPhone or Android devices.
- Expert level skills with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Working knowledge of Unity, NGUI, Flash, motion graphics, and 2d/3d art experience.
- Management experience of Studio Art and Design Departments a plus.
- Able to cultivate original and creative ideas for products, services or work processes across all Art and Design disciplines.
- Proven ability to take work from concept to in-game.
- Actively seeks to learn. Generates new ideas and solutions.
- Proven expertise in new game development. Minimum of 5 years related work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication for team skills.
- Passion for gaming in general, not just within the social space.
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.