Release Manager - Star Wars
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are looking for a Release Manager to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
You will plan and coordinate all releases, manage the build distribution and submissions. Working closely with QA, DevOps, production crews, release engineering and release operations on planning and execution, owning the release management process and continual improvement through the release retrospectives and regular feedback.
Working on release submission to reviews and to stores in partnership with Release Ops. You will be adept at risk assessment and risk mitigation planning for all releases. As part of your job you will proactively resolve dependencies and communicate the releases status, plans, risk mitigation back to the team and to studio leadership.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Own and Coordinate the Release Management process
- Constantly improve the release process for all types of releases (hotfixes, live ops updates, major updates, internal releases and others)
- Coordinating internal releases
- Managing build distribution internally and to all partners teams
- Submission of the build to reviews and to stores, leveraging Zynga Release Ops as appropriate
- Document and communicate release statuses to the leadership team
- Work closely with the QA team to ensure that each update is being tested in full for compliance and in according to our high quality standards
- Work closely with release engineer and DevOps on every release planning and execution
- Work with Lead producer and Lead LiveOps producer on release planning and execution
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in GaaS LiveOps releases and release coordination within cross functional, large scale teams
- Project/Production Management experience of teams or sub-teams within a complex, cross-discipline environment
- Perforce and automated build systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert in Jira or other bug tracking software systems
- Problem solver mindset
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance.
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world.
- Work in a family-friendly, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job.
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers.
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture.
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere.
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday.
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holiday.
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan.
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance.
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave.
- Annual rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday studio lunch.
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.