Game Design Intern - 3 month Summer Placement
Start Date: July 2019
End Date: September 2019
Duration: 3 months
Location: Brighton, UK
We’re BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family and our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep, compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. As a key member of our team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse team of experienced developers and utilize leading-edge technology and content pipelines. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Are you an undergraduate looking for an exciting, challenging and rewarding 3 month internship in the games industry? Then we want to hear from you.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
We create amazing games together and design through play. An intern can expect their day to day work to include:
- Collaborating on the design and implementation of new game features
- Creating game content and contributing to maps, abilities, characters, and more.
- Working with our on-site QA to reproduce, debug and fix bugs
- Undergraduate, studying game design, computer science, or any relevant field.
- You should be comfortable talking to us about:
- The details of the design---minutiae and big picture---of your favorite games
- Experience with any game design tools, editors, or student/independent projects
- Deconstructing features and content in games of all kinds and discussing their efficacy
""I've learnt so much since I started my internship, how the content you learn is used and why it's important. I've had the chance to input my ideas in to the project, and that my work has an impact on the project. Affecting design and everyone is really nice and welcoming, if you need help you simply need to ask or drop someone a message. Every day at BossAlien is interesting as there is usually always something going on. I think the biggest thing I've learnt is how no bug is 'unfixable'. If you have the chance to work for BossAlien take it, you'll enjoy it so much."
How to Apply?
Please apply with your CV, covering letter and a portfolio of work.
Your covering letter should include:
- Why you would like to do an internship with BossAlien?
- Why have you chosen this specific internship?
- Paid internship, working on a real project with a collaborative team, that will invest in your development
- You will be assigned a personal mentor who will support you through the full duration of your internship
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday team lunch
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere