Litigation and Privacy Counsel
There are few jobs in this world that mandate a person play video games for a living, especially for attorneys. If that sounds like a dream job to you, then read on. Zynga is looking for a special kind of litigation attorney to join its legal department. If you are highly detail-oriented, can spot complicated legal issues, and can advise the business on managing risk while prioritizing our players’ experience, then we encourage you to apply.
You will be a member of our Litigation and Privacy teams, and will work in a unique cross-functional role: you will assist with managing pre-litigation, litigation, and alternative dispute resolution for a wide variety of disputes, and will advise the business on managing global litigation risk. You will also be able to integrate with all aspects of game creation business – from idea inception to launch. The role will involve working cross-functionally to champion and advise on privacy and data protection while managing legal risk and ensuring legal compliance, and supporting legal team members on a broad range of privacy and data protection issues, including providing subject matter expertise to our commercial attorneys as they negotiate complex commercial deals.
Our products are global, cross-platform, and most of all, fun. And so is our Legal Department. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of our in-house legal work, including corporate, commercial, employment and more, dealing with both national and international issues potentially impacting our whole global organization. Level up your career with Zynga.
- Take a hands-on approach to all facets of litigation, including responding to subpoenas and discovery requests, drafting and revising legal briefs, interviewing witnesses, preparing witnesses for testimony, and negotiating and drafting settlements.
- Manage smaller claims and arbitrations directly and supervise outside counsel on larger matters.
- Manage outside counsel in devising and implementing global litigation strategy.
- Work closely with teams across the company to proactively identify, analyze, and mitigate legal risk; and work closely with internal teams to devise scalable processes and procedures to ensure appropriate litigation risk mitigation within the business.
- Advise product, engineering, IT, data security, HR, business development, marketing, advertising, and other teams on US and international laws on privacy.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to scale and refine privacy compliance and data protection throughout the company.
- Support the commercial team as a subject matter expert on privacy as they negotiate complex transactions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- J.D. with strong academic credentials.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of combined relevant experience at a leading law firm, government agency, and/or in-house legal department focusing on litigation, preferably working with technology, media, or online companies on product compliance, privacy issues, and/or marketing issues.
- Excellent practical and strategic thinking to enable business partners to make decisions that are grounded in a practical application of the law, the technology, and the business goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and advocacy skills.
- Work experience focusing on privacy (US and EU Privacy law compliance), data protection, international data transfer, and consumer protection strongly preferred.
- Team attitude that no job is too big or too small. Thrives in environment where you need to roll up your sleeves and own outcomes.
- Strong enthusiasm for playing, studying, analyzing and learning about video games, game development, and the gaming industry.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.