Analytics Manager - Star Wars
We are looking for an Analytics Lead/Manager to join us at Zynga Austin in creating Star Wars: Hunters™, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
Lead a small embedded team and work alongside cross-functional leads as a trusted analytics partner, helping provide our game studios with the data and insights that will drive continued success, ensuring that we offer the best possible player experience to keep players coming back to our games.
The role reports into a Studio Senior Analytics Director and is part of a wider analytics/data Science craft group at Natural Motion (Zynga). There is unlimited opportunity to grow your capabilities whilst continuing to deliver value as part of Hunters, one team multiple locations.
· Act as a thought leader, suggesting opportunities and driving analytics/ data science value for the title and wider business both strategically and operationally
· Ensure the analytics team is a key partner within the studio, working closely with: Design, Product Management, Engineering, and Studio Production
· Own analytics planning and delivery for embedded studio analytics team
· Mentor and develop an embedded analytics team, growing and retaining talent
· Deliver actionable analysis/data science projects alongside core responsibilities
· Work with senior director of analytics and peers, locally and globally, to contribute to wider analytical organization's continued success
Desired Skills and Experience
· Consistent record as both an individual contributor and manager, with an ability to grow analytical capabilities and demonstrate strong results.
· Proven track record in data science or analytics lead roles, preferably within gaming, mobile, technology or internet.
· BA/Msc in Computer Science, Data Science, Math, Statistics, Economics or other quantitative field; Masters desirable
· Strong business acumen and ability to evangelize an up-to-date awareness of where analytics/data science can be leveraged to provide business value.
· Experienced in working with ambiguity, demonstrating critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities both independently and collaboratively.
· Experience in defining highly complex requirements, framing issues into recommended approaches using appropriate tools/methods.
· Proven track record in sharing complex results, recommendations and actions in a style that best fits audience for maximum engagement.
· Demonstrated ability to be a partner, identify winning opportunities and determine complex resolutions cross functionally where needed (e.g. engineers, product managers, analysts, business, and marketing functions at all levels).
· Able to plan and deliver as a manager of small teams, ensuring cost/benefit and value to studio.
· Strong written and oral communication skills, that allow collaboration and influencing at all levels and cross-functionally.
· Advanced SQL skills and experience with different programming languages (e.g. R/Python/Scala) - (The majority of our stack is Python)
· Experience working with large datasets, preferably in a Vertica, Redshift or Spark environment (MLlib/ML).
· Experience with multiple key areas of specialism that can support projects, team mentoring and innovation: Telemetry/Data design, ETL, Scripting, Analysis/Insight, Modeling, Visualization, Experimentation, and/or other unique specialisms in the Data Science tool set (e.g. Machine Learning, AI, etc).
What do we offer?
· Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
· 401K Company Match Contribution
· Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
· Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
· Family planning support program
· Generous paid maternity/parental leave
· Subsidized Back-up child care
· Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
· Flexible working hours on many teams
· Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
· Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Your passion and experience for building original games will be instrumental as we bring together a brand-new collective of developers to tackle next-generation thinking and innovative products. As a leader, you will act as a key bridge in tight and effective collaboration with your UK-based counterparts.
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know