QA Automation Engineer
Zynga's software engineers don't just develop some of the world's most popular games, we deliver some of the world's largest infrastructures. Our software engineers are blazing trails in all facets of game design, mobile development, web technologies, and massive scalability. Zynga faces a number of technical challenges—but many are unique to our scale: the evolving landscape of online gaming requires us to continually push boundaries. Zynga software engineers pick up any languages, technologies, or methodologies necessary to smite a challenge—and if a conventional solution doesn't exist, we innovate as necessary. Our software engineers are comfortable moving between front-end, back-end, and architecture roles.
Zynga is seeking an experienced QA Automation Engineer to join our ad tech team. Your team will be delivering the technology that generates over $250M in ads revenue which is 25% of Zynga’s total revenue! In this role, you will be responsible for the software quality, platform stability and performance of the end-to-end Ad Tech platform. You will be collaborating with various game teams (such as Words with Friends, CSR2, Zynga Poker, Dawn of Titans and more!) to integrate our product and technologies into games that are played by millions of users daily.
Join us as we solve challenges developing and operating products at scale, impacting millions of players daily and support our games to achieve the highest levels of success through expertly crafted software. No gaming experience is needed for the right candidate.
Life at Zynga
If you’re looking for a fast paced, results driven environment, you will be involved on the front lines collaborating with game studios in the earliest stages of development to supporting operations of our biggest live games. And you will be doing it with a seasoned team of professionals, pushing the capabilities and quality of our products and technology. Zynga also provides competitive base salary, full medical/dental/extended benefits, and plenty of perks like gym membership, meals and snacks, health services, and company-wide happy hours and activities.
We are looking for a QA Automation Engineer with QA, technical and project expertise, who works to drive and support quality and automation. We plan, execute and automate tests that build confidence and reduce risk. We support high priority features whilst ensuring timely delivery. We communicate issues with efficiency and clarity. Our QA Engineers understand client/server relationships and other key architecture concepts.
Key roles & responsibilities
- Works with remote QA teams to achieve the best possible results, including: creating documentation, mentoring where appropriate and fielding questions.
- Works with the engineering team to create and maintain the automation suite to drive quality and efficiency
- Be the voice of quality and automation in the Ad Tech team
- Contributes toward test suite maintenance and creation, including reviewing existing test cases.
- Speaks as QA representative with production, engineering, and partner teams
- Assesses requirements and creates QA strategy
- Assists in the tracking of quality metrics to continuously assess and refine working processes and practice. Speaks up if they think change is needed.
- Proposes additional debug functionality and other tooling support that would support and empower QA.
- Investigates prospective tools and evaluates what they can offer. Skill shares with peers for any tool that is adopted.
- Highlights past mistakes in a constructive way, and collaborates to understand the root causes and then works to improve for the future. Where necessary shares improvements with other teams.
- Helps ensure a positive, professional and collaborative team environment is maintained within and between disciplines and teams.
Required Experience & Skills
- Experienced tester who can design their own tests and iterate on them.
- Understanding of QA processes and testing terminology.
- Familiarity with mobile software / games development lifecycles and methodology.
- Experience reviewing and writing test cases, and providing feedback to peers.
- Understanding of client/server testing and importance of metadata.
- Familiar with source control solutions such as GIT.
- Familiar with industry-standard bug reporting software such as JIRA.
- Good communication skills including in cross-discipline conversations.
- Ability to estimate and manage own time.
- Ability to perform risk and root cause analysis.
- Experience creating QA documentation.
- Understanding of the mobile market and the challenges of mobile hardware.
- Genuine enthusiasm and desire to learn.
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Experience working in Agile environments.
- Experience in live operations.
- Familiarity with development tools such as Unity or Unreal, Xcode, the Android SDK, Headspin, & more.
- Experience working with best practise groups or central QA structures.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits, daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.