Senior Software Engineer- Games With Friends
Software engineers on Games With Friends (GWF) support some of the world's largest mobile games on some of the world's largest infrastructures. Our servers and APIs support the mobile games that tens of millions of users enjoy every day, including Words With Friends. GWF runs one of the largest game deployments in the world, and we encounter and solve massive scalability challenges. The large data requirements of online gaming require us to continually push boundaries to discover the best solutions.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will collaborate with various disciplines like Product Managers, Game Design, UX etc. and will be responsible for implementing new features on Words With Friends. Join us as we pursue challenges developing and operating products at scale, influencing millions of players daily and support our game to achieve the highest levels of success!
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering field with at least 5 years of development experience
- DevOps experience on Linux systems
- Extensive experience and strong skills with backend Java and Ruby/Rails
- Extensive experience with MySQL Server
- Experience writing highly scalable systems
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with other disciplines on game features and tasks
- Good mentoring skills
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Experience in Git or a similar version control system
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Passionate about software engineering, easy to work with and eager to help others on your team succeed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication
- Has solid CS skills, but also knows when to be pragmatic
- Experience working with Amazon AWS
- Experience with backend Java
- Prior Game Development Experience
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Open vacation policy
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [email protected] to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.