Principal Software Engineer 2
Zynga Poker is one of the most enduring Forever Franchises at Zynga. We are presently looking for an Architect who is passionate about embracing the challenges of maintaining and growing our successful live operations game. In this role, you will build new and exciting features as well as repair and deprecate old ones. There are very few places where you can get the opportunity to work on so many fascinating problems. Send us your resume if you think this is as exciting as we believe it is. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
- Build and deploy features used by millions of our players.
- Improve performance, scalability, reliability
andmeasurability of our game.
- Mentor junior engineers and drive a culture of technical excellence.
- Work with Product Management to translate product designs into features that spark happiness.
- Ensure the game remains successful and stable in a constantly changing ecosystem.
- Address challenges and reduce technical debt.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience
- A strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering, at least 2 of which in an architect or technical leadership role
- Extensive experience building and leading large-scale server applications in a cloud based environment, including server monitoring, provisioning, maintenance, and live-ops
- Expert knowledge in C#, Java, C/C++, or similar programming language
- Good understanding of PHP
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, ELBs, ALBs, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, Aurora).
- Deep knowledge/experience with data architecture: SQL, NoSQL, and data caching technologies/in-memory databases such as
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Familiarity with Unity is a plus.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits, daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
Cultureof diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.