Return to Work Program/Path forward - Lead or Senior Producer
We are pleased to offer our Return to Work program with Path Forward, which supports experienced professionals as they re-enter the workforce after taking time off to care for a child or family member. We welcome professionals who have been out of the workforce for at least two years, and have at least five years of work experience, to explore our current opportunities to enter a career in mobile gaming.
At Zynga, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce
Zynga is currently offering Return to Work opportunities in our Austin, Texas. Come join us in shaping the future of play.
Zynga Poker is looking for a best-in-class Lead or Senior Producer to join our team. We are looking for hardworking, motivated and experienced individual to help lead scheduling and handle our development processes. Qualified individuals are expected to be organized, with excellent communication skills, and have a consistent track record in management for internal studios.
You will play a pivotal role in helping to deliver company-wide business planning and reporting and execute on strategic operations initiatives for the company.
The right candidate for this role will be ready to embrace our culture and elevate our business performance. You will have broad experience in solving complex problems, partnering, influencing and enabling business leaders. It is a unique opportunity to contribute to Zynga’s success and be part of a world-class team.
- Manage the game development framework process for the company.
- Guide and mentor more junior Production teammates.
- Establish a cadence of milestone check-ins and project reviews with each studio group. Build alignment around the format and content of the reviews. Ensure follow-up on action items generated.
- Facilitate discussions between studio game teams and central partner groups. Consistently report the status and risks for each game broadly to the executive team and partner teams.
- Deliver on strategic planning activities which include slate management, workforce planning, game production status reporting, launch readiness status, 1st party partner relationship initiatives, and others.
- Partner with studio production and operations leaders by understanding their organizations, business roadmaps and models, and proactively helping them to solve challenges.
- Participate in cross-functional projects as assigned, including company-wide quality and cost initiatives.
- Ability to contribute to other Operations projects in support of our corporate strategy and vision, as required.
- Ensuring the team has the best organizational structure, processes, and practices that allow them to produce high quality work efficiently on time.
- Acting as a key escalation point to resolve issues between engineering, product management, business leads, and product leads.
- Coaching and mentoring a strong team and taking in active involvement in recruiting; on boarding and maintaining team morale
- 9+ years progressive game development and operations experience in game development.
- Able to be the right-hand person for the Executive Producer, able to assume full control of a distributed team for a high-revenue live game.
- Proven track record of managing multiple small teams in a highly complex and detail-critical environment.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The “Calm in the storm” within a high-speed team.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus between driven, focused experts in their fields.
- Exemplary communication skill
- Ability to communicate alternatives and help build presentations that share learnings or implement improvements.
- Able to “speak truth to authority” and advocate for the team, while keeping stakeholders fully updated on progress.
- Confidentiality and integrity in dealing with highly sensitive information.
- Passion for mobile gaming and social gaming.
- Soft skills – empower the team to get high quality information and get buy in.
- Proven experience with Live Operations.
Zynga’s Return-ship program offers a supportive environment that helps make the on-ramp to work as smooth as possible. We provide returnees with a development program that allows them to be healthy and productive. In addition to the group seminars provided by Path Forward, Zynga will provide:
- An online learning curriculum that introduces returners to the world of gaming
- A hands-on stretch assignment to work on throughout the program
- Weekly 1:1 coaching time with team leaders
- Meetups and lunch and learn sessions with other returners
- Check-ins with the Returnship program managers and organizers
- Ongoing support and mentorship from fellow team members