Lead Technical Product Manager, Data Engineering
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building products around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition, and long term retention. Our portfolio of games - CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends, and Zynga Poker – span some of the fastest growing mobile gaming categories including Action Strategy, Casual, Social Casino, and Invest Express. While we invest in our live games, we are also proud to be one of the first gaming companies innovating on emerging platforms such as Facebook Messenger and Google Play Instant.
Come join us, thrive, take risks and dream big to shape the future of fastest growing gaming platform – mobile.
The Analytics Organization at Zynga provides products and services that are foundational for building games across mobile and emerging platforms. The Analytics team ~100 people, and you’ll be at the center of strategy and planning for all of them. As you develop into the role, you’ll deliver products that make all of your internal and external stakeholders happy. You’ll work with Lead Producers and Technical leaders to set priorities and deliver amazing products.
The Lead Technical Product Manager for Data Engineering will be responsible for helping drive a clear product vision for our industry-leading Analytics products and services that Zynga offers to both our internal game teams and partner teams. This is the product that helped secure our reputation as one of the pioneers of live-ops, and this role will involve developing the strategies that result in us continuing to have an industry-leading, innovative, scalable and insightful Analytics product. In addition to working intimately with their top-notch engineering team, this individual will partner with other product teams in the Central Data Organization and the Central Technology Organization. You’ll be asked to meet with game studio leadership, understand business goals, translate them into requirements, and to support roadmapping and prioritization for our Analytics Engineering & Central Data teams.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in product management of Analytics Engineering stack preferably focusing on mobile.
- Ability to create wireframes, product specifications and white papers
- Experience managing live web or mobile applications and/or games with multivariate testing is preferred
- Exceptional data analysis skills, including being able to write scripts or queries yourself to get the data you need both in SQL and Python.
- Partnership with cross functional teams including Engineers, Producers, QA, Data Scientists, UI/UX, and Executive leadership.
- Great presentation skills and ability to present work to executive staff
- Opinionated about what great Analytics products should be.
- Passion for games, creating fun, compelling and addictive user experiences
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends
- BS/BA degree. MBA preferred
You will be a perfect fit if:
- You have experience working as a Product Manager for highly technical data engineering teams with complex use cases
- You have an Engineering background and have spent a few years working in a fast paced environment at a large company
- You have a passion for Analytics and enjoy figuring out what features could really enhance the experience and value to our customers.
- You have a passion for Data products from cloud providers like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud or Azure you might want to leverage to make a difference to our Analytics stack.
- You embrace partnering with the game teams and Data Analyst teams to understand their needs, monitor market and tech trends and synthesize them to develop the Analytics roadmap. You can negotiate, prioritize and balance creativity and pragmatism while developing the roadmap that is aligned across stakeholders.
- You love playing with data. You establish meaningful metrics for your products, analyze them and utilize them to improve products.
- You take pride in evangelizing your products. You are humble when gaps are identified and are motivated to close them.
- You are an empathetic leader. You understand, relate to and are sensitive to stakeholder teams and peers. You get a kick in helping them.
You can explain a complicated topic and make it digestible, e. g. The advantages of using Spark, to any audience.
What we offer you:
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga RSUs
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits
- Catered breakfast, lunch and evening snacks
- Child care facilities for women employees and discounted facilities for male employees
- Well stocked pantry
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga
- Frequent employee events
- Additional leave options for most employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!