Graphics Engineer - Star Wars
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group is a BAFTA-nominated team supporting development on an exciting new Star Wars™ game and running live operations on Dawn of Titans.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for a Graphics Engineer with graphics programming experience to join our world-class team, and bring AAA visuals to life on mobile and console. We are seeking individuals who proactively contribute solutions themselves, and will also learn from and be inspired by ideas from others. We have small and agile teams, so you will thrive working in these environments as we grow.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Implementation of graphical tasks in Unreal, within the general rendering pipeline, various shaders, lighting models, post processing and more
- Contributing to art tooling and pipelines to boost team productivity
- Collaboration with art and wider disciplines to hit or exceed visual targets
- Assist in profiling and optimisation of the rendering pipeline
- Working with QA to debug and resolve graphics issues across a range of devices
- Documenting areas of graphics tech
- Write well-designed, adaptable, and testable software
Required Skills & Experience
- Good understanding of common rendering techniques and algorithms
- Some experience with profiling and with optimising shaders and render pipelines
- Experience with debugging graphical issues
- Experience with the Unreal rendering pipeline
- Good experience with C++ and one or more of: HLSL, CG or GLSL
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Have you developed and released a game with Unreal from start to finish?
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.