Senior Experience Designer
We are looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join our team.
The User Experience Designer assists Project Leads in developing the XD vision of a product(s) and executing upon that vision. This role participates in the effort to create innovative and ground breaking user-centered design solutions that promote ease of use, employ best-in-class mobile game/interaction design, and optimize the user experience universally in response to user testing.
Participate in all phases of the design process including conceptual design/development, prototypes, user/task flows, art production and game integration.
Work closely with Project Stakeholders to establish and maintain the visual integrity, interaction methods, brand standards, and consistency for the game and collaborate with Experience Design Director, Art Director, Product Management, and Engineering for execution of design.
- Integration of UI components within Unity game engine.
- Evaluates designs quickly and creates original high-quality 2D work.
- Can work independently and own features while working with stakeholder feedback.
- Solid understanding of usability, UX, UI, interaction design, mobile development principles, and motion design. Understands platform requirements (e.g. Unity).
- [if !supportLists]? [endif]Is able to wireframe or provide visual mockups. Strong focus on visual design.
- Adapt creative styles as needed while maintaining creative, technical, and brand standards universally.
- Interface with project stakeholders to ensure the user experience reflects customer needs and consistency.
- Possess excellent understanding of style guidelines, design processes, and creative workflow.
- Highly experienced with Unity, UGUI, Unity Animation systems (Mech-anim).
- Expert level skills with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator).
- Working knowledge of common XD software packages such as Sketch, Adobe XD. etc
- Passion for problem solving and finding creative solutions for efficiency and consistency.
- Actively seeks to learn. Generates new ideas and solutions.
- Proven expertise in new game development.
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work with team members across multiple studio locations.
- Passion for gaming in general, not just within the mobile space.
Project Specific Requirements:
- Can adapt to an existing visual style and create high-quality UI art.
- Can assist the Experience Design Director and Art Director in maintaining the visual quality and consistency of UI art.
- Has a solid understanding of UI implementation in Unity.
- Ability to work with teams to establish project requirements and workflows.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits, daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.