Social Media Marketing Manager
As the Social Media Marketing Manager, you are responsible for the ongoing operational management, strategic development of one of our core franchises. You will help develop the strategies, tactical implementation, and team management to help deliver the player voice and brand opportunities across the game portfolio they are representing. You will outline the strategy planning for our Social Media presence and plan the tactical execution of programs in close partnerships with our Marketing, User Acquisition, Community, and Customer Support teams. A focus on optimizing our content and technology, as well as developing metric based targets will be a continual focus and an integral element of the overall strategy and execution planning.
You understand the holistic and dynamic landscape of social media channels, strategies, emerging platforms, and audiences within those channels that create a roadmap that includes channel strategy, content strategy, and technology platforms and tools. You are flexible to the dynamic environment of the industry, capitalizing on opportunities as they arise. You will be responsible for building and maintaining integrated relationships with partner teams as well as acting as a cross-functional hub that champions consumers with marketing (product marketing, consumer insights, and paid acquisition), PR, customer service, and product (game studios), working collaboratively to ensure company success. This role will be based in Helsinki and will manage a team in India.
- Execute and own the Social Media Marketing & Community strategy
- Build, execute and maintain player messaging and engagement strategies and campaigns on key platforms for different titles within Zynga’s portfolio
- Build & execute Influencer marketing strategy to support game launch, and evergreen campaigns
- Manage Facebook accounts with over 15 million fans
- Develop Facebook weekly and Facebook live streams to promote game play
- Create and publish content on channels to support and engage community
- Analyze all social media data and adjust content to ensure maximum engagement. If content is not performing well, craft strategy to garner the highest engagement possible
- Strategize and create evergreen content, tap into culturally relevant moments for our games
- Be the Voice of the Community to the Game Team. Build and foster a social community by being proactive rather than reactive.
- Bring up game issues to partners in real time
- Identify and analyse issues, patterns and trends in player requests & product performance
- Analyse key community engagement performance metrics (e.g. reach, engagement and sentiment). Take a solutions based approach to monthly metrics in order to exceed company goals
- Identify and engage advocates (successful bloggers, highly engaged players, etc…) to extend and increase brand awareness
- Stay up to date on new social media tools, best practices and how other organisations and companies are using them, so that we can continue to be an early adopter of these technologies.
- Seek out new opportunities for growth (Social Media, Digital Marketing Summits) to learn from your peer group
- Collaborate with other Social Media Marketing Managers to build the most resourceful, reputable Community team possible
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Marketing or similar
- 3+ years of community management, social media, marketing or communications experience with a major consumer products, media, entertainment or internet brand
- Independent creation and successful execution of community-focused marketing campaigns with one or more specific business goals (growth, advocacy, engagement, retention, reactivation, revenue)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including published professional work (websites, programs, campaigns) on multiple platforms, both long form and short form
- Experience moderating forum discussions with large active communities (10,000+ MAU), including the creation of style guide, tone and response strategies
- Experience live streaming or video streaming community content
- Experience leading individuals or small teams of content or campaign specialists (artists, moderators, event personnel, other vendors)
- Proficient in content management systems and project management systems
- Ability to conduct statistical analysis on overall market and game-specific data sets
- Ability to switch project priority based on internal partner and overall Player needs
- Flexibility and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ambitious and have strong organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Effective time and project management skills
- Familiarity with and understanding of video games and the business landscape, preferably with experience in mobile games
- Ability to travel for business 3-4 times annually
Nice to have:
- Work on AAA entertainment franchises
- Work on an online or live services business in the video game industry
- Experience working with licensing partners and tracking internal and external reviews and approvals
- Experience with HTML design
- Experience with CRM tools
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.