Senior Data Analyst, Slots
Zynga is a leading developer of the world’s most popular social games that are played by millions of people around the world each day. To date, more than 1 billion people have played our games across Web and mobile, including Words With Friends, FarmVille, Zynga Poker, Merge Dragons, Empires & Puzzles, Hit it Rich! Slots and CSR2.
In our goal to deliver the best user experience, Zynga is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to leverage one of the richest and most complex datasets in the tech industry to drive key product insights. The successful candidate will act as the liaison between this data and the game studio, informing product decisions through a combination of analytical skills and business acumen to drive our continued success.
- Own and curate an ever-changing data telemetry as the game continues to evolve.
- Execute quantitative analyses that translate data into actionable insights.
- Use data to consult in decision-making for all game functions including design, engineering, art, and product management.
- Provide reporting and performance monitoring to the game studio using data drawn from diverse sources.
- Guide the game team in proper experimental design, implementation, and analysis.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Comfort manipulating, transforming and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Affinity for playing mobile games (preferred)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; comfortable explaining technical topics to non-technical users
- Good client management skills with a strong grasp of both technical and business perspectives
- 5+ years of experience performing quantitative/statistical analysis, preferably for an internet or technology company
- Experience in using tools like Tableau for creating dashboards, reports and data exploration (strongly preferred)
- Strong hands-on experience with SQL, data warehousing, data modeling, dashboarding and reporting, involving very large datasets and multiple data sources, with the ability to interpret data and produce meaningful insights
- Extensive experience querying large, complex data sets
- Experience automating analysis using analytics packages in languages like Python (preferred) or R
- Ability to execute research projects, and generate practical results and recommendations
- Demonstrable ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to work in both individual and team settings
- Experience with A/B testing design and read-outs
- B.S. or B.A. in Math, Statistics, Comp Sci, Engineering, or other technical field required; advanced degrees strongly preferred
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.