Data Science Intern (Summer 2020)
Zynga is a leading developer of the world’s most popular social games that are played by millions of people around the world each day. To-date, more than 1 billion people have played our games across Web and mobile, including Words With Friends, FarmVille, Zynga Poker, Merge Dragons, Empires & Puzzles, Hit it Rich! Slots and CSR.
Zynga’s Applied AI group is searching for a Data Science Intern for Summer 2020. The Applied AI group focuses on developing new approaches to problems within the game development process, demonstrating directly the ways that AI can contribute. The successful candidate should be passionate about the intersection of Games, Creativity and Artificial Intelligence, and interested in supporting cutting edge innovation. Ideally this candidate will be familiar with techniques such as Procedural Content Generation, Player Modeling and Machine Learning approaches, as well as having a “get stuff done” approach to implementing these kinds of systems.
During a ten-week internship with the Applied AI group, you will gain hands-on experience working to implement exciting systems to support game development, and learn what life looks like in a fast-moving unit operating on the bleeding edge of Computational Creativity.Responsibilities
- Work with the Applied AI group to ideate and design ingame systems to support successful integration of AI techniques in a player-facing context
- Develop systems and data pipelines to provide backend infrastructure capable of supporting AI-driven workflows and systems
- Create hypotheses about player behaviour, and build experimentation plans to validate these
- Design and evaluate novel approaches to leveraging Machine Learning to support creative efforts
- Experience developing software with at least one of Unity (C#), Python or React
- Functional understanding of SQL for querying large quantities of data
- Able to quickly learn new technologies and systems as needed.
- In particular we will expect successful candidates to already be familiar with, or quickly ramp up on: AWS fundamentals (e.g. EC2, S3, ECS), distributed data analysis (e.g. Spark) and containerized paradigms (e.g. Docker)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Affinity for working effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to work operate in a cross-functional capacity, taking personal ownership of a project from inception, through planning, execution and delivery
Zynga has a range of other internship opportunities available for 2020 including
- Data Scientist - Game Analytics (SF)
- Data Scientist - Game Analytics (Austin)
as well as many other positions across all disciplines throughout the company. Take a look here for more information
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.