Employment Law Corporate Counsel
We are seeking a qualified Employment Law Corporate Counsel to join our creative legal department. You will provide advice and counsel to management and People Ops globally, in particular, the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Finland, with the potential to perform additional international employment work as well.
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games include – CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker.
Based at our at NaturalMotion Games studio in London, renowned for making games that wow people. In 2018, NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Come join us, thrive, take risks and dream big to craft the future of the fastest growing gaming platform – mobile.
- Report to and collaborate with the Senior Counsel / Head of Global Employment Law based in San Francisco on international employment law initiatives and solutions.
- You will serve as advisor and business partner to the People Ops organization by providing employment advice and strategy with respect to multiple company locations around the world.
- Advise on all legal issues concerning the employment relationship, including:
- recruiting; hiring; employee relations;
- discipline and performance management;
- employee privacy issues;
- contingent worker relationships;
- benefits, compensation, and commissions issues;
- discrimination; harassment; termination; redundancies;
- leaves of absence and medical accommodations;
- support for global M&A.
- Develop, draft, and implement company policies, agreements, standards, and business procedures designed to foster compliance with applicable employment laws.
- Drive efficiencies and achieve process improvements through collaboration with People Ops and other corporate functions.
- Find opportunities to build and conduct training for People Ops and management.
- Structure, negotiate, and draft separation agreements and other related agreements and policies.
- You will work collaboratively with legal and business partners to identify and – more importantly – solve problems.
- Oversee outside counsel.
Skills & Qualifications
- UK qualified Solicitor or Barrister.
- Post-qualified employment experience in a law firm and/or in-house law department.
- Substantive knowledge of employment law.
- Experience with international employment law. We currently operate in: U.S., Canada, Ireland, U.K., Finland, Turkey, and India.
- Strong analytical and problem-resolution skills; excellent business judgment, with the ability to think strategically and give practical advice by balancing business needs with legal risks.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with, and gain the respect of, partners at all levels and functions of the company.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, juggle many matters at once and quickly shift from one situation or task to another.
- Ability to self-motivate and work well with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to take on work outside your specialty or comfort zone.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Prior experience working with a U.S. based public company and/or experience working with internet or technology companies.
- Knowledge of social games or console games.
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.