Principal Data Engineer, Analytics
We are seeking top engineering talent to join our creative, dynamic, and highly driven team. Zynga’s mission is to “Connect the World through Games” by building a truly social experience that makes the world a better place. The ideal candidate will have a devotion to software craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work seen by tens of millions of people worldwide.
The Analytics Engineering team is responsible for all things data at Zynga. We own the full game and player data pipeline - from ingestion to storage to driving insights and analytics. As a Principal Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the software design and development of quality services and products to support the Analytics needs of our games.
Your responsibilities will include
- Build and own multi PB-scale data platform.
- Design, code, and develop new features/fix bugs/enhancements to systems and data pipelines (ETLs) while adhering to the SLA.
- Follow engineering best methodologies towards ensuring performance, reliability, scalability, and measurability.
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers, ML Engineers, Data Scientists, and other stakeholders, taking on learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Mentor junior engineers in the team to level them up.
- Raise the bar on sustainable engineering by improving best practices, producing best in class of code, documentation, testing, and monitoring.
You will be a perfect fit if you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- 7+ years of strong data engineering design/development experience in building massively large-scale distributed data platforms/products.
- Advanced coding expertise in SQL & Python/JVM-based language.
- Expert in heterogeneous data storage systems (relational, NoSQL, in-memory etc).
- Deep knowledge of data modeling, lineage, access and its governance.
- Excellent skills in AWS services like Redshift, Kinesis, Lambda, EMR, EKS/ECS etc.
- Wide exposure to open source software, frameworks and broader cutting edge technologies (Airflow, Spark, Druid etc).
- Familiar with infrastructure provisioning tools (e.g Terraform, Chef)
- Consistent proven ability to deliver work on time with attention to quality.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
What we offer you:
- Work in a studio that has complete P&L ownership of games
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga RSUs
- Full medical, accident as well as life insurance benefits
- Catered breakfast, lunch and evening snacks
- Child care facilities for women employees and discounted facilities for male employees
- Well stocked pantry
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Active Employee Resource Groups – Women at Zynga
- Frequent employee events
- Additional leave options for most employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [email protected] to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.