Senior Software Engineer, Backend - Games With Friends
Software engineers on Games With Friends (GWF) support some of the world's largest mobile games on some of the world's largest infrastructures. Our servers and APIs support the mobile games that tens of millions of users enjoy every day, including Words With Friends. GWF runs one of the largest game deployments in the world, and we encounter and solve massive scalability challenges. The large data requirements of online gaming require us to continually push boundaries to discover the best solutions.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will collaborate with various disciplines like Product Managers, Game Design, UX etc., and will be responsible for implementing new features on Words With Friends. Join us as we pursue challenges developing and operating products at scale, influencing millions of players daily and support our game to achieve the highest levels of success!
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering field with at least 5 years of development experience
- Extensive experience and strong skills with backend Ruby/Rails, Java, MySQL
- Ability to work with other disciplines on features and tasks
- DevOps experience on Linux systems
- Experience writing highly scalable systems
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience in Git or a similar version control system
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working with Amazon AWS
- Prior Game Development Experience
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Frontend experience with React, React Native
What we offer you
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Open vacation policy
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.