Principal Software Engineer - Star Wars
The ideal candidate excels at cooperatively driving an engineering team forward and finding solutions to complex engineering problems. Someone who embraces the opportunity to bring other people’s ideas to life, and who proactively contributes ideas and solutions of their own.
- Build, mentor, and lead a team of console client engineers through the challenges of building a real-time multiplayer cross-platform action game.
- Write well designed, efficient and testable code using Unreal Engine (prior experience is strongly preferred).
- Bring a solid understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and memory/performance optimization.
- Actively monitor application performance and stability, and resolve emergent issues.
- Lean on your expertise as a strong individual contributor in at least one technical domain, but be able to work with engineers in any domain and provide useful guidance and feedback.
- Strive for excellence in software craftsmanship, and act as an influencer and mentor for developers on the team.
- Be a natural communicator and collaborate well on a cross-functional team, working across time zone barriers.
- Have fun; we’re making games!
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience developing and releasing multiple games, with one or more games in Unreal (or an equivalent proprietary game engine) and C++ in a lead capacity.
- Having taken titles from pre-production to release, you have experience of every step involved in getting a game shipped.
- Experience managing a team through the lifecycle of game development along with the team’s career development.
- Comfortable understanding and debugging unfamiliar code in a large project.
- Proven track record collaborating with other partners to architect and implement features and systems.
- Excellent problem solving and strong interpersonal skills.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Your passion and experience for building original games will be instrumental as we bring together a brand-new collective of developers to tackle next-generation thinking and innovative products. As a leader, you will act as a key bridge in tight and effective collaboration with your UK-based counterparts.
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know