Technical Product Manager - Central Technology
Come join the team at Zynga making an impact across all of the company’s games - Central Technology! We focus on shared client & server technology and features that drive the underlying gameplay experience. We’re looking for outstanding leaders with a passion for technology and the ability to work with a diverse team. As a Technical Product Manager for Central Technology, you will be responsible for providing Product Management leadership in the design, development, and maintenance of Zynga’s platform portfolio, which accelerates game development and streamlines live operations.
You will help craft the vision for central services at Zynga, and ensure that game teams can develop and deliver compelling experiences for players across mobile, console, and PC. You will partner with engineers, senior leadership, and other internal partners across multiple studios to build & improve processes and tools for cross-platform development and sustainable operations for our cross-platform future.
- Responsible for the full product lifecycle, from gathering requirements, prioritizing features, analyzing the competitive landscape, writing specifications, achieving stakeholder alignment, and owning the team roadmap.
- Exhibit sound product judgment, ability to formulate product strategy and present clear measurable objectives that will lead to achieving our business goals.
- Expected to provide valuable input into business cases based on in-depth data analysis and demonstrate how that analysis impacts key product metrics.
- Define how we will measure the success and effectiveness of products and track quality. Make use of qualitative consumer insights and quantitative data to inform decisions.
- Define our vision by understanding our customers' needs. Partner closely with Product and Engineering leaders on game teams crafting feedback loops for continued improvements and identify patterns of need across Zynga.
- Evangelize our offerings. Get commitments from internal customers and achieve roadmap alignment. Be able to clearly articulate the value of developer and infrastructure related technology initiatives and help our partner teams understand that value as it applies to the problems that they’re looking to solve.
- Identify & deconstruct competitive offerings in the market, formulate insights and use them to inform future roadmap direction.
- Ability to balance player, partner, and business interests while considering technical integration tradeoffs.
- Collaborate closely with other technical leaders in Central Technology and across disciplines to drive standard methodologies and positive team culture.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS degree in Computer Science preferred and/or equivalent software development experience.
- 1-3 years of software development or product management experience in games, mobile apps, or enterprise software.
- Ability to build wire-frames, product specifications, and white papers.
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive staff.
- Some familiarity with source control, operating systems (basic Linux commands, etc), data analytics, and SQL experience preferred.
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical abilities, and attention to detail.
- Be a self-starter, a great teammate and driven.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and stakeholder management skills.
- Familiarity with server development architecture, and service teams is a plus.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Open vacation policy
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.