Senior Gameplay & UX Engineer - Star Wars
NaturalMotion’s Action Strategy Group (ASG) is a BAFTA-nominated team developing an exciting new Star Wars™ game, running live operations on Dawn of Titans and developing a third unannounced game, all from our London studio.
We are a tight-knit team, with a sociable culture and a strong team identity whilst being able to experience all the benefits that come from being part of NaturalMotion and Zynga. The team crafts world-leading, mid-core games on a foundation of trust and camaraderie.
In 2018, 2019 and 2020 NaturalMotion Studios were named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are looking for a Gameplay and UX Engineer, at experienced or senior level, who excels at bringing other people's ideas to life, and who proactively contributes ideas and solutions. We have small and agile teams, so you will thrive working in these environments as we grow.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- You will create and iterate on gameplay and UI systems to improve the player experience
- Collaborating with multiple disciplines, you will find technical solutions and approaches catering to each project’s particular needs
- The software you write will be well-designed, adaptable, and testable, for long-term use
- Working within a team, you will conceive and implement new features from the ground up
- You will help to improve the code team’s knowledge and experience through learning and sharing
Required Experience & Skills
- You have developed and released one or more games in Unreal and C++
- You are comfortable working in C++
- Having taken titles from pre-production to release, you have experience of every step involved in getting a game shipped
- You are comfortable understanding and debugging unfamiliar code in a large project
- You have created data driven systems
- You have worked with other disciplines to architect and implement gameplay features or systems
- You have a strong and comprehensive understanding of coding UI and UX features
- You are familiar with design patterns, memory/performance optimisation, and knowledge sharing
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Do you have experience working on strategy and action games?
- Are you experienced working with tools development?
- Have you shipped titles across multiple-platforms?
- Are you familiar with the particular challenges of developing and running a live game?
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.